Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #1 
jibruno

Exclamation mystery snail health question, please respond

so this morning all my fry died suddenly and now the snail in the tank is acting strange, he has a thich slime coming out of his shell and surrounding him, he wont fully come out of his shell, he will walk on the bottom for a while but then floats to the surface and bobs for a while, he also just sits at the surface with his tube out of the water making bubbles.. its strange and i dont want him to die, hes pretty and blue, my favorite snail by far.

anyone have a similar problem or know a cure?

(starting to think there was something in the water that built up, reason for fry death and almost snail death)
jibruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #2 
Draug Isilme

http://applesnail.net/

I tried to send a direct link, but apparerntly this site doesn't allow that... Anyway, it's just like this betta fish forum, but specifically for apple snails (aka mystery snails) ^.^
Just click on 'Discussions' on the left side of the links. You'll see that the forums have a similar format to this site. If you scroll down a smidge, you'll see one of the forums is titled "Snail Health Problems"... Make sure you post in that one 'cause I assume the site isn't too popular so you get slow responses... >.>.. kind of fitting, but yeah, I'm sure they'll respond to you a lot faster on that particular page- possibly even have some information on what's wrong with your snail specifically... Hope that helps and sorry I couldn't be more of a help to you...
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #3 
jibruno

that works, thank you
jibruno is offline   Reply With Quote