Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-20-2012, 08:29 AM   #1 
chrissylee13

put my female in my divided 10 gal with 2 other males!

so i was a little worried about doing this since i've read about so many mixed experiences with having a female in with a male, or in my case, 2 males. well, i put her in several days ago and they all seem to be doing really well. no signs of depression or anything. no tail biting of their own tails. they're all little piggys still. haha.

i've seen my Jackie drop eggs maybe twice. but she seems to love the interaction with Frosty and Ren. they all show off to each other and tease one another. it's really cute. of course my males have been working hard on bubble nests but they're all doing really well!!! i originally was only putting her in temporarily but i may change my mind. who knows! she'll probably be my first female in my sorority i plan to do sometime this year. :]

but yeah just thought i'd give an update and share my experience!
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #2 
a123andpoof

I have done the same and it can work well. It took a few weeks but my guy and girl finally settled down. She can only "see" one of my males. They get along and keep each other entertained. I hope it works for you!
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #3 
KittKatt145

I'm glad its workin for ya so far:) I think i mite try doing tht!
KittKatt145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #4 
chrissylee13

same! it has been so far. and i think it's less stress on the boys. i used to have 3 males in there and all they would do is flare and be angry lol i think the female makes them a little less angry flare. :p
Old 02-21-2012, 08:39 AM   #5 
a123andpoof

I think it does to. Arashi is at one end Koi is in the middle and Sakura is at the other end. Koi rarely flares at Arashi he is always to busy chasing Sakura along the divider. If you use the mesh dividers I would put two pieces in as it blocks the view even more. And make sure your female has places to hide so she doesn't become to stressed. I think it works cause she can get out of his view if she wants and same for him. I think the hiding places is very important.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #6 
chrissylee13

yup agreed. she has lots of hiding places. and extra plants. most of the time i see her along the bottom looking for food she might have missed lol
Old 02-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #7 
daniomania

wish me bettas were like that!!!! ":)
daniomania is offline   Reply With Quote