Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #1 
Shirleythebetta

butterfly themed tank.

This isn't my betta tank but I wante to share this idea I had with you all. I decorated my other ten gallon with things I modified or made my self and wanted your opinions on it.
Attached Images

Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #2 
Bombalurina

Eh...I like all the colours and I love butterflies, but I'm not a fan of artificial-looking fishtanks. I much prefer the natural look.

Possibly the coolest non-natural fishtank I've seen had a sandy bottom and a model galleon half in, half out of the water like it was sinking. That was pretty cool and the fish seemed to love it. :D
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #3 
Shirleythebetta

That sounds wicked awesome. I saw a neat thing the other day. One of those old airplanes that looked all wrecked. If I had a big enough tank that would look wickedly neat with all natural plants. I like the natural tanks to but I haven't been brave enough to try it plus I love all the color. That butterfly tank would probably freak out my bettas if they were in it. It's very bright.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:28 AM   #4 
thekoimaiden

I'm with Bomba. I love butterflies, but I think I'd rather enjoy them outside. I much prefer the look of natural tanks. But I still like the look of little porcelain signs that say "No Fishing." :3

Also I think that's a barb in there... I really hope there weren't any betta in there.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:06 AM   #5 
Aus

That's really creative, Shirley!

My daughter loved all the colours. She's a fan of artificial tanks. I prefer natural, and what with my having no sense of colour co-ordination at all this is probably a good thing. I do enjoy looking at others' colourful creations, though. Did you make some of the ornaments yourself?
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #6 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
I'm with Bomba. I love butterflies, but I think I'd rather enjoy them outside. I much prefer the look of natural tanks. But I still like the look of little porcelain signs that say "No Fishing." :3

Also I think that's a barb in there... I really hope there weren't any betta in there.
No this is absolutly not my betta tank. My girls are alone in there own tank and my boys have their own individuals.I don't put any of my bettas with anything else but maybe otto's or corys. My sorority is thick with plants this would be too upen of a layout. Oh and one of my boys has a porcelin sign that says no skinny dipping.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #7 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
That's really creative, Shirley!

My daughter loved all the colours. She's a fan of artificial tanks. I prefer natural, and what with my having no sense of colour co-ordination at all this is probably a good thing. I do enjoy looking at others' colourful creations, though. Did you make some of the ornaments yourself?
I actually did this to make my neice happy. She loves butterflys. and I love color. I modified a few decorations and made a few. My favorite thing is the driftwood that has the flowers sticking in it.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #8 
thekoimaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
No this is absolutly not my betta tank. My girls are alone in there own tank and my boys have their own individuals.I don't put any of my bettas with anything else but maybe otto's or corys. My sorority is thick with plants this would be too upen of a layout. Oh and one of my boys has a porcelin sign that says no skinny dipping.
Oh I knew it wasn't yours. I thought it was someone else's betta tank that you found online. But it's still a cute idea. I've got a little sign that says "No Cats." I'd love to have a no skinny dipping one.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #9 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
Oh I knew it wasn't yours. I thought it was someone else's betta tank that you found online. But it's still a cute idea. I've got a little sign that says "No Cats." I'd love to have a no skinny dipping one.

lol yea I am very very picky about what goes in with my bettas. I love my little barbs though I wish I would have known I was overstocking that tank. I got these guys before I know anything really. Just another victom of petstores. Want to cringe? they sold my fiance who isn't knowledgable at all about fish, three paradise fish and said they would be fine together in that ten gallon with three mollys and three barbs. I really hope that my dad (has a 55 gallon) will take all of these guys so I can start the tank new. Because of the overstocking I had to start ich treatments today so unfortunatly I am stuck with this for now. I now have in that tank two barbs, two mollys, and two paradise fish because of my ignorance and the petstores. :(

No cats, thats adorable. I got my sign at walmart. thanks for your opinion on this. I know a lot of fish keepers and I thought about making a few of these and see people would buy this. I love making things.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #10 
Bonbonisbff

Heheh I have a sigh in one of my male tanks that says "No Cats Please!" :D
Bonbonisbff is offline   Reply With Quote