Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #1 
LittleBeta

Red face Hi! C< (that's a fish!)

Hi.... Um.... Well I'm new here! My usernames little Berta because that's the name of my fish (not very creative >.<) and well... Hi!

All so; can someone help me? I want to get some new Bettas, three or so females, and I want to maybe breed my male Little Betta. I was wondering if anyone knows some good places to sell Betta fry? I really don't want to sell them to Petco because of how they keep there Bettas, is disgusting :/ so does anyone know any other place? I'm thinking maybe petsmart but im not sure....
LittleBeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....so glad you found us and joined our Betta community......

While spawning this species can be a lot of fun and rewarding-it also can be a lot of work....spawning can be the easy part-but rearing the fry can sometimes get tricky even for the most experienced.....

I would recommend that you go to the breeding section and read all the sticky information and read through some of the spawn logs to give you a better idea on what to expect.....I can't over state the importance of research the more the better and once you have completed that- ask question on what you don't understand.....remembering that there are lots of ways to successfully spawn and rear fry....its finding what works best for you, your breeders and what you have on hand.....understanding that the process can change/vary from one spawn to another even with the same breeders......

Good that you are already asking about what to do with the offspring-sometimes you can have 100's of fry and once you separate the males to single containers for grow out-you need lots of time in order to make the needed daily water changes.

Usually, rarely will the local box type pet shop-like petsmart, petco, walmart take offspring since they usually have a contract with big breeders, sometimes the local Ma & Pa type pet shop will take the Bettas-but usually you will only get store credit-usually all you will get for the Betta is about 10-25 cents each if that much-understanding that some may be used to feed larger fish and not sold...this can vary......depending on the quality of the Betta itself and supply/demand in your area......You also have craigslist for local pick up, friends, family and then aquabid-but here you need to know how to ship the fish safely......

I am not trying to discourage you.....but a lot more involved and you will not make much money if any-usually until you get a good line and established....spawning Betta will cost much more than you will make.....

Look forward to hearing more about your Betta keeping adventures and to see some pics.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #3 
LittleBeta

I've all ready done ton of research on it all ready and I would most likely do it during summer when I'm not in school, I would jut like to get all the information before hand so I can know if I can really do it or now ^^;
LittleBeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #4 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to hearing more about your breeding plans and, later, adventures.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote