Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-21-2012, 01:37 PM   #1 
Zappity

Betta Science Fair Ideas? :3

So, for the Science Fair this year, I REALLY want to do something about fish/bettas and their proper care (open to ideas on what it could be about aside from proper care), but I need ideas! I don't want to torture my bettas in cold 1/2gal tanks, but I need examples. Info. Ideas. Things people can understand/believe. I want them to know what bettas REALLY need. Not just some water and food once a week. That they're living creatures and deserve more than what some people give them. /mild rant/
Help me out, people! :)
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #2 
Shirleythebetta

Thats a neat idea. You could incorporate photos of their natural habitat into your presentation. That's a myth that needs busted about bettas
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #3 
JBosley

It's all about pictures! Maybe see if you can use an outlet to bring one of your Betta's in, maybe in a 1 gal tank or something?
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #4 
Zappity

Ooh, good idea! *writes on list* Thank you! What else? Maybe a list of websites to view if they don't believe me?
Old 02-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #5 
Zappity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBosley View Post
It's all about pictures! Maybe see if you can use an outlet to bring one of your Betta's in, maybe in a 1 gal tank or something?
I thought about that, but I'm so paranoid about something happening to him, and there's so many spastic kids at school...Maybe a ton of pictures? :D
Old 02-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #6 
Shirleythebetta

yea you could do a reference page with websites and add it to a betta care and information sheet that you could hand out to people. this site has some awesome rice paddy field pics from different countrys.

http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/rice-paddy.html
Old 02-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #7 
Shirleythebetta

You could also get a large pic of a betta and describe the different fins and their purposes. Also you could describe the differences between male and females and maybe show examples of tail types and explain the "flare". Thats a little more sciencey.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #8 
Zappity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
yea you could do a reference page with websites and add it to a betta care and information sheet that you could hand out to people. this site has some awesome rice paddy field pics from different countrys.

http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/rice-paddy.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
You could also get a large pic of a betta and describe the different fins and their purposes. Also you could describe the differences between male and females and maybe show examples of tail types and explain the "flare". Thats a little more sciencey.
oooh, those pictures are PERFECT!! And great ideas! Thank you so much! :)
Old 02-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #9 
JBosley

If you have a laptop, see if you can find some really awesome videos! If not, PICTURES! Haha
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #10 
bettalover2033

Well I would say to go around your neighborhood or to your local pet store and hand out a survey asking common questions and have poeple that usually go there, answer them and bring them back. At the end of the week try to get them all and see which are the most commonly wrong questions.

Simple questions like, can a betta be housed with another betta/s

Or how many gallons do you think a betta needs?

Things like that will really help you!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote