Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-18-2011, 11:44 PM   #1 
Dead Sunlight

Talking How many bettas do you have???

I currently have 515, going on to about 600 in about 6 months... I doubt anyone can beat that :) <)))))><
Dead Sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:48 PM   #2 
Pitluvs

I wouldn't want to beat that LOL

I have 12 now, picked up a new boy tonight :) 5 females and 7 males.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:48 AM   #3 
ShyDog

9 total, 7 girls 2 guys
ShyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:56 AM   #4 
BeautifulBetta

Not enough. LOL
2 boys and 5 girls. 4 are my breeders (2 HM's, 1 CT, 1 DeltaT), and 3 are my vt females who are just cute, and not for breeding. Haha
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:59 AM   #5 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
Not enough. LOL
2 boys and 5 girls. 4 are my breeders (2 HM's, 1 CT, 1 DeltaT), and 3 are my vt females who are just cute, and not for breeding. Haha
I'm the same way, I have 5 who are breeders (should I ever want to try) and the rest are pets. Everyone is treated the same though and if I never breed, oh well! I have a HM trio and a CT pair for breeding.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:04 AM   #6 
BeautifulBetta

Lol aww! :) I'd be breeding way more, But sheldon has the best finnage and colour (imo) of everyone here, but his women choices are very slim LOL. Its either belle, the royal blue HM lady, or PeekaBoo the yellow/black CT female. Its like mix-and-match! hahaha
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:10 AM   #7 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
Lol aww! :) I'd be breeding way more, But sheldon has the best finnage and colour (imo) of everyone here, but his women choices are very slim LOL. Its either belle, the royal blue HM lady, or PeekaBoo the yellow/black CT female. Its like mix-and-match! hahaha
Yay for opportunities! lol Better than my crew, my male CT has one mate, if that doesn't work, he's not bred. The HM male has two possible mates, if either doesn't work then we won't breed. I'll try again next summer when I order some more HMs. Sadly, I won't mix tail types so it kinda limits me.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:31 AM   #8 
elijahfeathers

I have three at the moment. While I didn't have nearly as many fish as some other members, I sort of felt like I was hording-- so I'd been thinning out my collection, and rehoming.

Mercury was my last purchase as so far as a betta-- an impulse buy. but I also bought his tank, heater, and sand at the same time, so I don't really feel badly about it. He seems pretty happy-- but now I wish I hadn't gotten the 2.5 gallon. It just seems too teeny. At the same time, I got a $25 gift card for walmart... I'm starting to fall in love with shrimp too and they have a cute little 1 gallon kit with a filter and airstone. *blush*

Since the 10g is opened up too I've been thinking about getting some pygmy corries. Calder's not so great with shrimp. Unless demolishing them is what you count as being 'great'.
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:19 AM   #9 
TaraVictor

Wow, you guys have a lot!

I have just the one male, but there are two males in the house if I count my mum's betta.

I would probably feel the urge to buy more too (at least if I went to the pet store and saw a betta which I really liked). There's just one problem though, lack of space and money. =/ I replaced my first betta when he died though, so the same will be done once Victor dies, which I hope isn't for a long time yet.
TaraVictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:31 AM   #10 
Wulvie Sharpteeth

I have 1 male and 1 female, I am trying (and failing)to breed them :P Im gonna be getting a smallish tank for my bedroom for Dragon (my male) to live in so I can try breeding again but with a different male :3 I SHALL succeed this time! lol
Wulvie Sharpteeth is offline   Reply With Quote