Old 02-23-2012, 06:09 PM   #21 
Zappity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Then again they are people.
Made me laugh xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfboy51 View Post
U could show various dieses and the atrotious conditions at pet shops compared to your setup
That;s a good idea :)

Quote:
@Wolfboy51: That is also a very good idea since people are always so panic-y when hey have a pet that is sick. Or just don't see any difference.

Visuals help a ton. Youd be surprised how well they help.
Yeah, I asked my Science teacher today if I could do a betta science fair thing, and she said that'd be great, people getting new pets would like the information (says the SCIENCE teacher with the 1 gal fish tank with 6 floating dead snails and 3 dwindling fish in yellow water)

Definitely getting the biggest piece of cardboard I can so there can be a TON of pictures xD
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #22 
fishman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBosley View Post
It's all about pictures! Maybe see if you can use an outlet to bring one of your Betta's in, maybe in a 1 gal tank or something?
Hi. New to this thread... And I haven't read page 2 or 3, but if you are going to go up and talk about betta care and how they need more than 2 gallons, why do you have a betta in a 1 gallon? Sorry I don't know if this has been addressed.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #23 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappity View Post
Made me laugh xD

Yeah, I asked my Science teacher today if I could do a betta science fair thing, and she said that'd be great, people getting new pets would like the information (says the SCIENCE teacher with the 1 gal fish tank with 6 floating dead snails and 3 dwindling fish in yellow water)

Definitely getting the biggest piece of cardboard I can so there can be a TON of pictures xD
oh gosh! That is just terrible! I thought Some of my family was bad. I hope they make it. (out of there). That is just sad. You must really have to not even looked at your tank for the fish to die. Now snails on the other hand are Very hardy shell dwellers. It take A LOT for them to die.

Good luck!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:54 AM   #24 
Zappity

Quote:
oh gosh! That is just terrible! I thought Some of my family was bad. I hope they make it. (out of there). That is just sad. You must really have to not even looked at your tank for the fish to die. Now snails on the other hand are Very hardy shell dwellers. It take A LOT for them to die.

Good luck!
I know >_< She has an automatic feeder, so she never really looks at them otherwise :P I've told her the tank is too small and I've taken her water and tested it, (ammonia is like, 5ppm) and told her and she still doesn't do anything! :( The bottom is BROWN! She thinks she has a cycle, but clearly she doesn't. /end rant/ sorry, ticks me off xD
Old 02-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #25 
revolutionrocknroll

I think the ideas about debunking common myths is a good idea- I think the average person will find that information and information about basic care more useful than a more complex subject such as genetics or disease (although those are more scientific topics.)
revolutionrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:15 AM   #26 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolutionrocknroll View Post
I think the ideas about debunking common myths is a good idea- I think the average person will find that information and information about basic care more useful than a more complex subject such as genetics or disease (although those are more scientific topics.)
Well that is very true. They are the more scientific topics. Though this idea would have to very carefully be set up. It would also have to be very specific and thought out in a clever way.

I mean male and female explanation specific and basic. Most people don't understand the difference, which is understandable since they think they are "just fish" and would rather spend just a tad more time seeing if a dog lifts up its leg to pee or squats. (just to be silly though)...

Also another good idea would be to send people home with handouts with correct care of the fish and other extra cool information.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #27 
Zappity

Quote:
Well that is very true. They are the more scientific topics. Though this idea would have to very carefully be set up. It would also have to be very specific and thought out in a clever way.

I mean male and female explanation specific and basic. Most people don't understand the difference, which is understandable since they think they are "just fish" and would rather spend just a tad more time seeing if a dog lifts up its leg to pee or squats. (just to be silly though)...

Also another good idea would be to send people home with handouts with correct care of the fish and other extra cool information.
Oooh yeah, I'm making handouts xD No one's gonna mess up betta care at my school anymore >:D