Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #1 
PitGurl

Talking CT Spawn...

I decided to spawn my CT's. The male is from Karen Mac Auley and his father is her awesome orange CT. I put them in the spawning tank yesterday and came home from work today to find eggs in the nest . The female doesn't have a scratch on her. So here is the pair....
Attached Images

PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #2 
lexylex0526

Oooh pretty pair! They will surely be a beautiful couple:) haha do post pics of the fry when they arrive!!
lexylex0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #3 
vilmarisv

Yay!!!! I soooo love to see Karen's fish being used for breeding!!
They are beautiful and I'm sure will give you awesome fry!
I'm so eager to breed a pair I got from Karen but I need to fatten up the female a bit more, she's eggy but not super eggy just yet :D
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #4 
tpocicat

What an awsome pair! Karen's fish always seem to be outstanding, these fry should turn out to be special.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #5 
bettalover2033

I agree! Karen's fish always seem to be good breeders. They never have a huge problem with nipping nd severely injuring their "mate."
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #6 
PitGurl

Thanks everyone! The male chased the female away from the nest all night, even when she was submissive. At one point the male wandered off and the female swam to the nest and started checking it out, all the sudden she destroyed half of it ! She was like,"Take that then!", lol. This morning they were ignoring each other but the male had repaired the nest and I made sure they hadn't spawned while I was asleep. I decided to leave them together while I was at work. I wasn't expecting anything to happen so I was very surprised to come home to eggs and a very skinny female. I was afraid I was going to disturb the male removing the her but he didn't seem to mind. I've got a towel over the tank now and will put a dim light on the tank tonight so he can see. So far he's being a good daddy.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #7 
djembekah

omg he's so beautiful *-*
so is the momma but holy cow. i want a baby! lol
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:49 AM   #8 
PitGurl

update 2/22 AM

Checked on daddy last night and he had wandered away from the nest for a bit which worried me a bit. I checked on him a while later and he was back at his post. He looks a bit rough this morning. I think the female kicked his butt a bit. Some of his rays were damaged, I hope he doesn't start to get finrot while in the spawn tank, CT's fins are so fragile. As of this morning he was tending to his nest. I did notice about 8 or so eggs on the tank bottom. The spawn seems to be large so don't mind if a few don't make it. I just hope to many don't end up down there.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:19 AM   #9 
bettalover2033

Usually with "lazy" fathers, the eggs end up all over until they are hatched.

I hope he is okay. If anything, when you take him out, put him in a nice warm AQ. Salted tank so his fins can grow back correctly.

The spawn seems to be going well.

IMO if he didn't have any rays, he would definitely be a HM. Which is pretty cool!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #10 
PitGurl

@ bettalover2033- Thanks. I think he is pooped out. I just hope he has enough energy to keep it going for a few more days. I know this is all part of it but I feel a bit guilty. He does have a nice caudal spread which is one of the reasons I decided to spawn him. I wish the females was a little better but it sould still be a nice spawn.