Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #1 
Kitty Whiskers

Talking My New Bettas :)

Here are my new Female Bettas. Top picture is Lacey (on top) and her twin sister Laney. Both are Orange VT. Middle picture is Spectra, I'm not sure what her color type is but she is a VT. Bottom picture is Little Girl Jani and she is a dark Blue CT.

Lacey and Laney were in a tank at the petstore together and the other new female bettas they added were picking on them so much they hid in the plants together and were fin nipped so much. I felt sorry for them and so I bought them both. Spectra came from Wal Mart and Little Girl Jani came from PetCo. Spectra was nice to everyone right away. Little Girl Jani wasnt one of the females that I wanted to buy at first glance, but all the other ones seemed too mean. I spent 2 hours holding up all different female bettas in their cups side by side to see which females were calm or which ones wanted to fight. Jani never tried to fight with any of the other fish I held up to her cup so she won! LOL Now all 4 of my Female Bettas get along perfectly together.
Attached Images

Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #2 
JBosley

I love Spectra! She is just gorgeous. Congrats on saving your pretty female Bettas.
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #3 
cjayBetta

Im so jealous.. those 2 orange girls are my FAV... ive never seen females so vibrant!
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #4 
a123andpoof

Beautiful girl! Spectra and the two orange girls are just beautiful!
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #5 
Kitty Whiskers

Thanks! ... New Update... Lacey's fins are almost all the way grown back now since her and her sister were so fin nipped at the pet store.

Laney's fins are totally back to good health and even has shiny blue rays showing between the spaces in her tail fin!

Both Lacey and Laney are so much more Orange and have a luster that makes their scales shinier too now.

Spectra has her fins growing back too, but more slowly, ever since Binky (RIP) Bit them off when she first came.

Little Girl Jani is an even darker blue, almost a dark purpleish blue and her head is a darker black now. I wasn't sure if Little Girl Jani was a Crown Tail or not, but now I see she is a CT. She has longer little "forks" growing off the ends of each ray of her fins, especially her tail fin.

And all 4 are so much longer and bigger! I must be doing something right after all
Old 02-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #6 
vilmarisv

They are so pretty!!! Congrats!
Such color variation... that's my goal this year in my sorority :D

You surely ARE doing something right... it all started when you decided to take these girls home!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #7 
YourBetta

Gorgeous fish! Nice pick.
YourBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #8 
MistersMom

They are all pretty, do u have TWO of the same color??? i have one colored like that too!!! their so pretty!!!
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #9 
Kitty Whiskers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
They are all pretty, do u have TWO of the same color??? i have one colored like that too!!! their so pretty!!!
Yeah I have 2 Orange Females. I call them twins because they were in the same batch of fish where I got Binky (RIP) that the pet store added a few weeks before they added the new batch of Females that attacked them. There were only 3 Bettas left in the tank. I bought Binky first, but then felt guilty for leaving the other 2 behind. So I went back a week later to buy them both and seen the pet store added a few more Female Bettas to that tank. They were afraid if the new Females at the store that were taking bites out of their fins. They huddled together under the plants and only came out if the other one was near by. It is like they are good sisters to each other so I bought them both. I feel like I saved them :)
Old 02-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #10 
MistersMom

thats awesome, and i just noticed their eye colors are different lol, duuuh blonde moment.... but yeah they are gorgeous.... wonna see mine? lol, they could be triplets!! :P
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote