Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #121 
Oldfishlady

By the look of that one pic....it looks more like a missing scale than Ich

Even with Ich-I wouldn't do much with just one spot-often the fish own immune response will take care of it....sometimes the intervention or treatment itself can be the one stress factor that can compromise that immune response enough to cause a full blown infestation......

Since he is otherwise acting okay, eating, swimming, responding to you...etc......I wouldn't do anything other than regular care...

If at any point he clamps fins, more spots show up, becomes lethargic and/or starts flashing more than a couple of times a minute......then you may need to start treatment.....until then.....wait and watch.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #122 
Karebear13

Okay great thank you. Should I still siphon the gravel. Maybe only during water changes or something?
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #123 
Oldfishlady

You should be vacuuming the gravel at least weekly along with a 50% water change....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #124 
Karebear13

What is his deal? I did a water change today and did everything the same. Added four drops of Prime and heated the water to 77 degrees the way he likes it. When I put him back in he is all mopey again like he was a week ago. He just lays at the bottom and drops his body on the gravel. Does he just hate water changes I hope he snaps out of this state :(
Old 02-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #125 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear13 View Post
What is his deal? I did a water change today and did everything the same. Added four drops of Prime and heated the water to 77 degrees the way he likes it. When I put him back in he is all mopey again like he was a week ago. He just lays at the bottom and drops his body on the gravel. Does he just hate water changes I hope he snaps out of this state :(
I know Spike was a bit mopey when I did his water change. But Im thinking it was because the new water wasn't the same temp of the original water. Once the temp was back to normal he was back to his normal self :)
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #126 
Karebear13

I don't know what his deal is I kept him at the same temperature the whole time. Could it be that he is constipated. He doesn't look bloated but I can't think of anything else that can be bothering him. he was perfectly fine before his water change
Old 02-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #127 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear13 View Post
I don't know what his deal is I kept him at the same temperature the whole time. Could it be that he is constipated. He doesn't look bloated but I can't think of anything else that can be bothering him. he was perfectly fine before his water change
It is possible the water levels aren't completely the same.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #128 
callistra

I always float and reacclimate after every change. If I don't my fish act stressed. So you changed 2 gallons? 4 drops for 2 gallons

If temp is.identical it.could be ph shift or other. Best just to float every time
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #129 
Karebear13

I did float him for an hour. Yup four drops two gallons
Old 02-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #130 
FishyFishy89

I shall start the floating....would make sense, idk why I didn't do it. Spike will get a floating next time :)