Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #11 
callistra

I'd go ahead and do the 50% change, yes.. that's the least I'd do. I might even cup him (float him in a solo cup in the tank for heat and slowly change out his water again up to 100%.) See if he doesn't perk up in the cup away from everything in the tank and fresh water.

Sometimes bettas can hide a bit when getting used to things but he doesn't look good in the above pic to me and if he doesn't move from that position all day.. something's up.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:46 PM   #12 
Karebear13

Just did the water change. He is just sank all the way to the bottom. Didnt even try to swim. Im afraid he won't be able to swim up to the top should I just cup him and leave him floating in the tank. Im afraid he is gonna die on me while im in class
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #13 
ANHEL123

I would do that...so sorry don't understand what happening looks like you do everything right way.

Last edited by ANHEL123; 02-22-2012 at 07:27 PM.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #14 
FishyFishy89

Was the tank already containing water when you were going to add the cave? It is possible that some bleach came out of the cave into that water.

He may also just be very stressed out.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #15 
Karebear13

I know :( so sad he is just sitting at the bottom of the cup looking so helpless. I already lost one last night. And the thought of losing this one is killing me I fell in love with him instantly
Old 02-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #16 
Karebear13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Was the tank already containing water when you were going to add the cave? It is possible that some bleach came out of the cave into that water.

He may also just be very stressed out.
No I added the cave then the water. gosh I knew I shouldnt have used that cave :(
Old 02-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #17 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear13 View Post
No I added the cave then the water. gosh I knew I shouldnt have used that cave :(
Well even if the cave was dripping a bit and slightly damp. I don't think it would have been enough bleach to cause too much of a problem. It should have disappeared when you added Prime. And even if there was some still left over your recent water change would of nearly removed all.
Have hopes, he may make it through the night and get better.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #18 
Karebear13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Well even if the cave was dripping a bit and slightly damp. I don't think it would have been enough bleach to cause too much of a problem. It should have disappeared when you added Prime. And even if there was some still left over your recent water change would of nearly removed all.
Have hopes, he may make it through the night and get better.
Yeah I don't believe it could have been the bleach. I rinsed that stuff like no other with all the water I used I could have filled a pool. I don't know what it could be. Right now he is just floating in the cup. Should I leave him like that all night? It doesn't look like he has the energy to swim up to breath in the tank and my tank is pretty tall in height.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #19 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear13 View Post
Yeah I don't believe it could have been the bleach. I rinsed that stuff like no other with all the water I used I could have filled a pool. I don't know what it could be. Right now he is just floating in the cup. Should I leave him like that all night? It doesn't look like he has the energy to swim up to breath in the tank and my tank is pretty tall in height.
I would leave him in the cup until he looks better.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #20 
Karebear13

He is just chillin like this.