Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #21 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
has his color gotten better?
He looks like he has gain more blue back.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #22 
Karebear13
Member
 
Karebear13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
He is def. more blue. His behavior doesn't match his appearance because he def. looks healthier. He just doesnt move. When I try to release him into the water he just lets himself sink to the gravel
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #23 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear13 View Post
He is def. more blue. His behavior doesn't match his appearance because he def. looks healthier. He just doesnt move. When I try to release him into the water he just lets himself sink to the gravel
He may get better. With him gaining color his health maybe returning.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:01 PM   #24 
Karebear13
Member
 
Karebear13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
would aquarium salt in this case or should I just supervise him?
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #25 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear13 View Post
would aquarium salt in this case or should I just supervise him?
I wouldn't add any salt. I believe salt is best left for when you know exactly what is is and how to treat it. But someone else with more experience with aquarium salt would chime in.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:03 AM   #26 
Karebear13
Member
 
Karebear13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
So is it okay to leave him in the little cup overnight? He seems a little bit more active but still pretty still at the bottom of the cup
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:02 AM   #27 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear13 View Post
So is it okay to leave him in the little cup overnight? He seems a little bit more active but still pretty still at the bottom of the cup
Just for safety measures I would keep him there til morning. If he's acting better than tonight then I'd release him.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #28 
Myates
Member
 
Myates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
I think you have gotten great advice so far.. and have done everything right.
Sometimes new fish have health problems prior to you getting them, and it's hard to diagnose a new fish's illness since there was no symptoms leading up to it that you would of been able to see.

Your advice has been spot on, what I would of recommended. Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention, I will keep an eye on it.

When he goes up for air, does it seem as if he is having trouble swimming? Like struggling hard, possibly tipping ever so slightly? The head down position I don't like, is that how he is constantly, or just for the picture?
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #29 
callistra
Member
 
callistra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
If he's better in the cup and out of the tank water then something probably got into the tank. I would suggest breaking down the tank, rinsing everything very very carefully in hot tap water and not returning the cave. However.. you nee to be able to keep him warm. So do you have any place else you can put him in the meantime that's heated? If not then just leave him floating in the cup. Keep slowly changing out the cup water with fresh clean water, several times a day to keep the ammonia down.

I wouldn't add aquarium salt but you might think of adding epsom salts as it help with chemical or other poisoning. You need 1/2 to 1 tsp per gallon.. in the cup you wouldn't be able to measure so you'd need a place you could mix up at least half a gallon of water at a time to get the right dosage of salts.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #30 
Karebear13
Member
 
Karebear13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
I think you have gotten great advice so far.. and have done everything right.
Sometimes new fish have health problems prior to you getting them, and it's hard to diagnose a new fish's illness since there was no symptoms leading up to it that you would of been able to see.

Your advice has been spot on, what I would of recommended. Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention, I will keep an eye on it.

When he goes up for air, does it seem as if he is having trouble swimming? Like struggling hard, possibly tipping ever so slightly? The head down position I don't like, is that how he is constantly, or just for the picture?
It doesn't look like he has trouble but I noticed he keeps his pelvic fins clamped to his body. He is a lot more wiggly today wanting to go back in the tank but most of the time he does just chill at the bottom of the cup. yesterday he was just sinking like that with his head down and his body would slowly lower but he isn't doing that so much.
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Fish, odd behavior? Sassington Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 13 10-30-2011 08:10 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.