Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #1 
littlemermaid

sorority help!!!

Please please help! After a snow storm I just spent four days without power and as you can imagine my 7 girl sorority is in pretty bad shape; although all of my girls are still alive at the moment, sadly my male vt didn't make it . My first assesment is several of my girls have fin rot and one has popeye although they all seem very perky after I did a 100% water change, tank cleaning (without soap), and got them warmed up. I added aq salt and stress coat, should I add some Melafix? Also, what should I add to treat every day (if anything)? They are in a filtered 10 gallon tank currently set to 79 degrees. In a 10 gallon should I still do 100% daily water changes while they heal? Finally, should I remove the filter while I treat them? Sorry for the million questions I just want to help them get better! Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated Thanks!!!
littlemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:08 AM   #2 
littlemermaid

Question sick sorority update

An update on my sorority. All of my girls seem to be recovering from the power outage and are all now eating which I take to be a good sign I would still like to know if I should add another dose of stress coat or aq salt to help with their fins? I do not want to overmedicate but I don't want to undermedicate if it would help them heal faster (they do not seem any worse). Jewel, Ophelia, Annabel Lee, Juliet, Rosalie, Hermione, and Mary Shelly thank you!
littlemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote