Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #11 
spazoid

ok guys, zoid's head i no longer grey, its black. he has gotten darker for sure, he's not as reflectant/glowy turquoise kinda color which is fine, but his head! it's like i can't tell that he has scales, it just looks black. he actually let me get some better pictures today. in the pictures you can see his scale color underneath, it kinda shows up white, but when i look at him its all black. not sure why the camera picks that up. but reason even more why i think something is wrong.

i also got a video of his behavior. its very poor quality and i didn't realize my phone upright films sideways for please forgive me!

he still is eating with no problems, he gets so excited when i get home and lift the little door. still active, no bottom of the tank sorta deal.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...225190623.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...225190715.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...225190647.jpg/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndmeQ...ature=youtu.be
spazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #12 
spazoid

oh yes, i just unplugged his filter and he reminded me. once it shuts off it takes him a minute to realize it, but as soo as he does he darts over to it, stares at the heater and flares.

he used to not go near it when it was off, but every time i try to give him relaxing no current time, he does this.

my temp is currently 82, maybe he likes it even warmer? but im not sure why he would flare.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #13 
FishyFishy89

He appears to be very healthy right now. I noted some up and down swimming along the glass. Is this what he was doing when you think he was itchy? Because he isn't itching himself, this is normal behavior that fish do. If he was liberally rubbing himself then that would be itching. But hes just swimmin :)

Flaring is a normal activity for bettas. I used to worry about my bettas doing too much of this. But it is a normal and healthy activity for them. He maybe noted a reflection of himself, or maybe he feels the filter is going to do something to him because he suddenly became quiet, like it's gonna sneak up on him.

I don't think he would like the water temp that warm. Typically high 80s is a danger zone for me. 82F is perfect temp for them. My Spike leaves in 80F during the day/night time the temp drops only 2 degrees MAX.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #14 
earthworm88

I agree with Fishyfishy also. The photos all look normal to me. Not quite sure what you meant by white color showing up underneath scales. One of mine looks just like that when I shined a flashlight on his head (during my examination of his scales which he had scraped one off the decor - to make sure no infection was occurring). If I just look at him with my naked eyes without extra light, I would say his head is quite dark, but with light, I know it's more grayish (whereas my other one is really dark black even with extra light). So I would say may be that's just his normal coloring. From the video, he looks quite active and inquisitive to me, a good sign of a healthy fish. I suggest just continue to monitor him (hehe...like you don't already), if he is active and loves to eat, he is probably ok and loving his good home!

Good luck and happy betta keeping!

Cheers!
earthworm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #15 
spazoid

ok, thanks so much! im over paranoid obviously >.<