Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-25-2012, 12:57 AM   #11 
Karebear13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
Wow great find! Dunno about dragonscale or not but you definitely picked up an amazing plakat :) He's just SO white, and his blue eye is just....omg <3 I'm a sucker for blue-eyed animals AND people haha
Haha me too! I couldn't get over his blue eye so cute
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #12 
Junglist

Thanks Copperarabian, My Oscar is a picky little eater, I used to feed him pellets and crickets but since he got bigger he decided to eat all the small fish in the tank, he likes to chase his food and does not like anything that doesn't move.
Junglist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #13 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglist View Post
Thanks Copperarabian, My Oscar is a picky little eater, I used to feed him pellets and crickets but since he got bigger he decided to eat all the small fish in the tank, he likes to chase his food and does not like anything that doesn't move.
If he only likes to eat living food than try giving him Guppies. Goldfish have high mercury and will eventually cause your Oscar to get Hole In The Head disease.
Sorry for the off topic. :)
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #14 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluyasha View Post
If he only likes to eat living food than try giving him Guppies. Goldfish have high mercury and will eventually cause your Oscar to get Hole In The Head disease.
Sorry for the off topic. :)
Yes guppies are much better, plus you can breed guppies easily so you now they're healthy and they're tropical fish. Goldfish aren't a good diet because they're cold water fish and have more fat which is unhealthy for your Oscar, they also contain almost no nutritional benefit. Either way try to get him to eat at least some pellets, if he eats out of your hand try using cichlid sticks and move it around the surface to make him think it's alive. Oscars are a decade or longer commitment and just like kids you shouldn't let them eat junk food all the time because it's they're favorite food.

A good example is with parrots, so many people think parrots should eat seeds as they're main diet when that actually causes severe problems such a kidney failure, liver disease, heart attacks, obesity, organ failure, and vitamin deficiency's.

Sorry if this sounds over bearing, I just want to give you the facts. And don't feel bad about it, so many people do this and even store employees will insist that Oscars need feeder goldfish. A few people on this forum have Oscars and could probably give you some good advice for getting him to eat other foods.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:57 AM   #15 
Junglist

thanks guys you guys are big help don't want him to get sick cause i've had him since he was a little tiny fella the size of my pinky now he's grown the size of my hand
Junglist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #16 
popcornprincess

his eye color is rare. Great find!
popcornprincess is offline   Reply With Quote