Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #1 
safeharbor

Hello!

Hello everyone! I'm Erin, and I have been lurking around these forums for quite a long time. I've finally decided to introduce myself, and my bettas! I have had bettas for a little over five years. I started with a two gallon tank when I was fifteen, but I didn't use a heater. I quickly found a forum that no longer exists and was able to figure out the right way to care for my fish. Over the past five years I have had tanks from 1.5 gallons all the way to 55 gallons.

Currently, I have three tanks and eleven bettas. My fourteen gallon is divided with two females. The larger side has a few neon tetras and rummynose tetras, the remnants from my 55 gallon community tank I had a few years ago. My ten gallon is divided four ways, and then I also have a fifteen gallon divided five ways.

Anyway, I guess that's enough rambling for now. Now, onto my fish!

These are the guys in my fifteen gallon.

Papa Smurf, my oldest. I got him from petco last June. He's a marble- when I got him, he had no red at all on him, but the past few months he's slowly gained the red. His fins are growing back after a sickness he had a few weeks ago.

Next is Tango, my double tail! I got him on my birthday last October from petco. When I got him, he was completely white except for a spot on his head and tail.

Here is Wheatley! He caught the same disease Papa Smurf had, and his fins seem to be really delicate, also. They seem to be on the mend, though! He's a little chubby in this picture because he was just fed. I got him from petsmart in November.

This is Chuckie, named after the Rugrats character. I got him from a local pet store about a month ago. He's really big when compared to my other guys.

This is Petri! I picked him up about three weeks ago at petco after I had to buy a new tank after I accidentally broke my five gallon. That's why I have my fifteen gallon now. I love his white lips.

Now for my fourteen gallon girls!

This is Luna. I got her back in November from petco. She's a tough girl, and has grown so much since I got her.

This is Squirt! I got her early in December from petco. She was one of the baby bettas. She has grown so much! I wasn't entirely sure of her gender until I saw she had made a little nest for some eggs she decided to have- it was a big surprise when I saw them! She gets stressed pretty easily when she's out of her tank.

And finally, my ten gallon!

Here is Ty, who decided to be a little tail biter a couple of weeks ago. I got him from petco a few months ago.

This is Bo. I got him from a different local pet store in October. His fins got really long, and he chewed them off a few weeks ago. But they have been growing back great.

Bandit! I got him from petsmart last month. He was in the far back of the shelf, with just a little more than half of his cup filled with water. He's started growing really nicely in the time I've had him.

And finally, this is Shepherd. I just brought him home a couple of hours ago. He's currently being acclimated to my water and then will spend a week or so in quarantine before I add him to the ten gallon. I got him today from a petco that just opened up this past week. The picture is not very good, I know. I'll get a better one tomorrow. He's a light blue with white fins. There were a bunch of his spawn brothers in the store with him, who had more purple and red on them, but this little guy really stuck out to me.

So those are my fish! I'll get some pictures of my tanks tomorrow, after water changes.

I really look forward to being a member here!
safeharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #2 
LovelyKaleidoscope

Ohmygod, Shepard is gorgeous! <3
LovelyKaleidoscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #3 
blueridge

Wow very pretty fish! I love your CT girl Luna!
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #4 
betta lover1507

there all pretty welcome to the forum though. i love squirt and tango (am obsessed with double tails )
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #5 
SlinkyInk

Wow, I am so envious! I have no room for that many fish! I would love to have a large divide tank. Beautiful fish!!

Welcome to the forum!!
SlinkyInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #6 
safeharbor

Thanks everyone!! :)
safeharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #7 
Karebear13

Wow they are all very lovely! Your female Luna is so pretty! And I love Ty too he is so pretty and I like that name a lot!
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote