Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #1 
Enkil

How to feed...?

Ok, as many of you know our Hannibal is quite the "oddball" in the betta world. I tried to baffle his filter. He got stress stripes and wouldn't eat.

His filter is no longer baffled. We raised the water level and this has helped keep the surface still. This has caused an entirely new problem, however...

He has created a giant bubble nest... where I feed him. -_- I tried feeding him in that area regardless, but it seemed to both confuse and anger him. Should I just remove the top for feedings while the bubble nest is there? Should I remove him from the tank and then dispose of the bubble nest?
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #2 
ZergyMonster

You can get rid of the bubble nest, he will be mad at you but he will get over it. I only recommend this if all else has failed because you want to keep a happy betta.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #3 
Enkil

I just wish he had built it over at his thermometer like he did the last time he made one. I'll leave him be with it for now. Hopefully he 'll decide to move it on his own.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #4 
Enkil

Hannibal is now actively tending his empty nest and making it even bigger. The breaks from doing this that he takes are spent patrolling his tank flaring...or dancing at me. Not sure this will resolve itself.. but I'll leave it be for the rest of the day.