Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-24-2012, 01:13 AM   #1 
CarmanDirda

Looking for Breeding Bettas

I don't mind if they're still young as long as I can see the patterns. Post here with pics or PM with pics. Provide any history of illness and what price you're asking.

The cheaper, the better, but I will pay more for high quality fish.

Looking for bettas to compliment their colors. My current breeding fish include...

Males:
1 plakat
1 crowntail

Name:  Apollo.png
Views: 115
Size:  199.8 KBName:  Knight again.jpg
Size:  17.2 KB

Females:
2 veiltails

Name:  Jewel vibrant.png
Size:  249.4 KBName:  Aurora.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  12.8 KB

I had more, but unknowingly bought a sick fish and it spread, killing 4 other bettas. Now that the disease is officially gone, I'm looking to adopt (free basically, but I pay shipping) or buy.

Due to my financial state, if I want to be able to take care of these fish, I can't buy any fish over $10. Sorry guys.

Also, anyone who gives me bettas free (with me paying shipping of course) or with a discount (which I will check your other sales for), gets free or discounted bettas from my future fry. ;)
CarmanDirda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #2 
betta lover1507

try aquabid if not we have some breeders here on the forum, like chard. i here he is a great seller and has beautiful betta's, here's a link of what chard is selling:
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...seller&Chard56
he has a thread somewhere in the classification area
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #3 
CarmanDirda

I've seen his aquabid before. I just wish shipping (for anything) wasn't so expensive. It's more than the fish!

It is very tempting, though. If I don't have any luck, I may just go for some of them. Do you know if aquabid ships cheaper grouped, or is that all up to the breeders? If I but from there, I'll only be able to get one fish right now.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #4 
betta lover1507

well am not sure i know some other's in the country but not sure if there cheaper talk to chard maybe he could give you some discount i heard of something like that, i think darkmoon has some gorgeous betta's, link:
http://www.darkmoonbettas.com/DarkMoonBettas/Stock.html
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #5 
CarmanDirda

There's two of the cheaper males I'd love to have, but my Paypal is empty and one of the bids closed. Do you know if he puts them back up if no one claims them? Neither were bid on yet.

I'll look into :) Thank you~
Old 02-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #6 
copperarabian

It's a bit of a risk since you don't know the color but you can order a HM female from Petco.com and shipping is free.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #7 
CarmanDirda

How much are they? If it's not too bad I may get one anyway. Do you know if they sell them in store or just online?
Old 02-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #8 
hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
It's a bit of a risk since you don't know the color but you can order a HM female from Petco.com and shipping is free.
I looked into ordering from Petco online before and the cost of shipping a betta is $30. It's actually cheaper in a lot of cases to order from aquabid than from Petco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmanDirda
How much are they? If it's not too bad I may get one anyway. Do you know if they sell them in store or just online?
It's usually $12.99 for a halfmoon female. They're on sale right now but the females are out of stock. When I looked there's actually a $30 shipping charge. They are supposed to sell them in stores too but I've never seen anything other than VT or CT females. It all depends on your store though.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #9 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmanDirda View Post
There's two of the cheaper males I'd love to have, but my Paypal is empty and one of the bids closed. Do you know if he puts them back up if no one claims them? Neither were bid on yet.

I'll look into :) Thank you~
you could pm her
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #10 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmanDirda View Post
aww I was wrong sorry, I was told that by the petco manager and should of checked first.

If you go to your petco you can ask if they can special order a HM female for you and see how much it would be.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote