Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #1 
ellies

I'm babysitting a beta fish is she sick or pooping?

I know this is going to sound crazy but I'm babysitting a betta fish and shes about 2 years old. She's had a rough 6 months. She's been doing fine all week but then she has a strange stringy white rope hanging from her. Maybe its poop but it looks like her intestines?! It was hanging for a day and a half and this morning it came off when she hit a plant. Is this a parasite? Or is this just poop? She's also been eating her pellets then spitting them back out. Help!
ellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #2 
Fieldz

It is like really big or small? If its comming from down his head, is white and stringy, its his/her poop, and white poop= BAD.

If its small and is at another part of the body, it can be fungus.

Im not really sure, but clean water most of the times removes fungus if it just started.
Fieldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #3 
Silverfang

You say she, it could be egg poo. When female bettas get eggy, they either release (and usually eat) the eggs, or they reabsorb them. Their poo is then whitish colour.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
poop or parasite?