Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #1 
irbyma7297

beginning of short story

hi! i wrote a short story when i was in third grade based off these pictures that some guy wrote to go with short stories.
i wrote one from the drawing mr lindin's library. here is th pic, caption, and title: (Pics at bottom of post)

Mr. Linden's Library

He had warned her about the book.
Now it was too late.

i am re-writing it, and here is the first part

Amelia always loved horror stories. But this one was too much, too real. She never should have gone in to that library. She never should have stolen that book. It was the worst mistake of her life. Luckily, she made it out alive, just barely.
what do you guy think? If you give me a bad comment, that's fine, just give me a reason why you don't like any part of it.

Bye!
Attached Images

irbyma7297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #2 
Bombalurina

I think the last sentence takes away from the drama. You build up to all this tension, then you say, "Don't worry, she made it". It kills the suspense. I love the rest, though. :) Keep writing!
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #3 
BettaMommy531rip

I agree w/ Bobularia. You should lead the reader into the 1st chapter or so of the book and then say "Luckily, she made it out alive, just barely." Then it creates some suspense (a truckload of suspense) and brings the reader into the story.
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote