Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #11 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmuddle View Post
So I take it you like Betta's, I reckon they are great. I've had two one was drago and the other called brom
yeah I love em
but im obsessed with all fish
our 75 gallon is currently cycling and probably won't get any inhabitants until sometime April or early May.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #12 
FishyFishy89

Opps, apparently I missed Day 9 and 10

Well during day 9, I noticed the water temp was bouncing between 75-80F and Spike wasn't liking it. He was very mopy. And I didn't have the moola for a heater that day :'(

So day 10, did some cleaning for mother in law and got the cash for Spike's heater. Set up his heater. He had fun flaring at it/poking it.

Day 11: Spike made it through the night with his new heater. Can't tell ya how worried I was last night. I lowered the heater down a degree last night and so far it is keeping the tank at an approx 81, 82F. Spike is very happy and so am I :)
Old 03-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #13 
FishyFishy89

Day 12: So I took a chance and fed Spike some of the frozen brine shrimp. I am still super nervous about feeding it to him as it was the last food Cal ate before he got terribly sick.
Spike must of gotten so used to his food floating that he didn't realize 90% of the shrimp fell to the bottom. He only ate 2 shrimpies. I'll leave them on the bottom for a little while longer and see if he notices them.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #14 
FishyFishy89

Day 13: Spike had found the rest of the shrimpies. Last night I noted him looking in every nok and cranny of the gravel. Even saw him move a few rocks xD. Fed him his pellets this morning. And moderately thinking about changing his gravel to sand when I get his new plants.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:56 AM   #15 
freemike

Yeah they usually find those shrimps lol. Wow I can't believe you got him Petsmart My Petsmart's Bettas are all Veil Tails that look sickly and in that blue water so you can't see their colors.
freemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:57 AM   #16 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemike View Post
Yeah they usually find those shrimps lol. Wow I can't believe you got him Petsmart My Petsmart's Bettas are all Veil Tails that look sickly and in that blue water so you can't see their colors.
I think they actually ran outta dye that day xD
Cause all the cups had clear water.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:01 AM   #17 
FishyFishy89

Day 13 (evening): Changed Spike's gravel to white sand....tank is quite cloudy. Looks like he'll be spending the night floating in his cup. No be mad at mommy Spike :)
Old 03-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #18 
FishyFishy89

Day 14: Spike's water finally cleared up and I released him. 1st thing he did was zoom through his logs and show me his dislike for being held in his cup that long. He flared quite a bit at me xD

Day 15: Today is the day of Spike's fasting. More angry Spike. He'll get his brine shrimp tomorrow ;)
Old 03-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #19 
FishyFishy89

Day 16: Gave Spike his brine shrimp. He gobbled them up like the wittle piggie he is. He even tried to eat some sand. Was funny to watch him spat it back out xD
Old 03-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #20 
freemike

That's funny I fed mine their brine shrimp today as it is water change day. Midnight my new CT has gravel let some float down to the bottom. It got between the cracks and he actually nudged a small piece of gravel over to get to it.
freemike is offline   Reply With Quote