Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta Yawning!

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Zappity 
#1 ·
Is this normal? When I get up at 5:30 to get ready for school I turn on my light and then he looks at me and opens his mouth up BIG like he is yawning! His bottom lip touches his chin almost. It's really funny but I never seen a fish do this before! :lol:

#6 · (Edited)
Not to burst the cuteness factor of it. This yawning is actually them flushing waters through their gills. It's perfectly normally as said before, but if they are constantly doing this it can be a sign of an irritant on their gills. Usually this would be accompanied by other symptoms and if a healthy fish is doing it I wouldn't worry. This would be just a hint to help you diagnose a sick fish and not a primary symptom.

#8 ·
my boy doesnt yawn but he does get mad at me when i wake him up early. he has so much personality. i say "lunch!" and he swims right up to my face. when i talk to him about random stuff (oh, you do it too) he nods and swims away when i stop talking even if my face is still there LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.