So sometime next month I plan to get a pair of bettas, maybe sooner depending on a few things.. Anyway I'm setting up the breeeding tank and the pairs tank tonight.
I have the breeding tank; a 10 gallon, spong filter and water wisteria that I will be putting in after I get the water going for about a week or so.
Questions on breeding tank -
- How do I stop the ripple currect that the spong filter is creating? I fear when it is time, it will stop the male from making his bubble nest.
- This tank is around 7 years old.. so the lid is not flat like the ones they make today. So would plastic wrap under the lid be ok? Or would that cause the plastic wrap to melt? Or anything dangerous? (thats my paranoid question of the day XD)
- I noticed a couple minutes ago that my water wisteria has a small amount of algae on it.. If I cant get it all off without harming the plant would it harm the fry?
- I read that when its time to start doing water changes that I need aged water. How would I get that? Would filling a Giant bucket with water and leave it for a couple days (with conditioner and a lid on it) work?
- How soon should I get the frys food? I have bbs eggs, and hoping to get micro and walter worms off ebay. When should I order the worms? How soon to hatch bbs?
For the pairs tank, I figured I'd get a 10 gallon and divide it into two with a tank divider making that their permanate home. With lots of plants of course.
- When conditioning the pair would keeping them in the 10 gallon still work? Or would it stress them out that they might be able to see eachother through the divider all the time? (if they can that is im not sure since its not clear..)
Sorry about the bombarding of questions. Trying to make sure im prepared BEFORE I even get the pair. I've been gathering everything together for around a couple months now :) If I'm missing anything please let me know!