Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #11 
revolutionrocknroll

Oh, yeah. I was actually thinking about putting some useful sites on the care sheet handout things that I'm going to make and I'll be sure to put this one, of course!
The problem is... I live in Vermont. No one lives in Vermont -_- I've never met anyone from Vermont on any forum I've ever been on. If I was from Massachusetts or California (or I guess, most states have more people than VT) I wouldn't be as worried.
But if people are willing to pay for shipping, I would definitely look into that.
revolutionrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #12 
JBosley

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolutionrocknroll View Post
Oh, yeah. I was actually thinking about putting some useful sites on the care sheet handout things that I'm going to make and I'll be sure to put this one, of course!
The problem is... I live in Vermont. No one lives in Vermont -_- I've never met anyone from Vermont on any forum I've ever been on. If I was from Massachusetts or California (or I guess, most states have more people than VT) I wouldn't be as worried.
But if people are willing to pay for shipping, I would definitely look into that.
I'm sure people would be! I love this idea
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #13 
Bombalurina

If I wasn't in Australia, I would take one. :)

At the very least, even if no one does respond, you've made a positive effort towards improving betta conditions.

I'd suggest also advertising yourself as a "betta doctor" so people could come to you, rather than to petshops, for advice when their fish got sick. It would be an opportunity to educate them on filters, heaters and clean water, and if they weren't prepared for that they might surrender the fish to you. :) If they are prepared for that, then hey, you've got a convert. ;)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #14 
revolutionrocknroll

Oh yeah, that's a good idea too! I'm sure I'd mostly be like "Your fish is cold, get a heater." Or, "It's fin rot, how often do you clean your half gallon bowl out...?"
I heard today from my RA that a ton of fish were left over winter break, but luckily the RD took them all home and adopted them before they closed the dorms. I don't know why people would get pets that they knew they couldn't take care of. :(
I think a lot of people are going to be flushing them tonight/tomorrow (We have spring break next week). It makes me sad but I can't do anything until next year :(
revolutionrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote