Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #1 
chibir3dpanda

Question!

Hello all!

Okay, so in maybe 2 weeks, I will be practically moving away. I desperately want to take my boys with me, but my mother is unsure whether she wants to take them. They are mine though, I should get to choose! Haha, anyway... I was wondering if they would make the trip...It's about a 20 hour drive, and I really do not want to hold 3 bettas in their little cups all the way there. So, I was wondering if I could possibly put them in a little box (in their little cups!....a small enough box so they all wont all go sliding around in the box) Would they make the trip? I really want to bring them with me, but it would be pain to have to hold them in my lap in their little cups for a 20 hour car ride! :/
chibir3dpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #2 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

As long as they have a good temperature I'm sure they'd be fine for the 20 hours.. The box to keep them from sliding is also a good idea.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #3 
chibir3dpanda

Okay, thanks! :)
Old 02-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #4 
ZergyMonster

I've seemed to have lost the page where there was a nice guide on how to ship a fish through the mail. I figured you can do the same thing but just keep it with you on your trip to your new home.

Pretty much what is said was to put your betta in a bag with it's tank water with a sizable air bubble so it can breath and then to bag it again to make sure that it wont leak. Line a box with Styrofoam blocks and fill the center with packing peanuts. Place your betta in the middle of the box and fill the rest up with packing peanuts so that your betta will not move a lot during transportation. You can place a heating pad in there if you believe that your ride there will be a cold one otherwise you can do without as the Styrofoam will insulate it quite well.

Good luck with your move.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #5 
chibir3dpanda

Okay, thank you ZergyMonster!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #6 
Myates

You could also use a hand towel to help keep them sturdy in the box.. I would use the cups, but only filled no more then halfway- that way it's easier to refresh their air. But bags are just fine and it does give them a little wiggle room in case of a bumpy ride- ask a local pet store for a few extra bags. Keep your glass thermometer handy to check the temp along the way- as cups/bags get cold/hot quickly and easily. If they are too warm (above 86*) then you can loosen the towel, if too cold (below 72*) then you can add another towel or wrap them up tighter.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote