Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #1 
PaintingPintos

Unhappy Bizarre behavior

I bought a Marimo moss ball last Saturday. The day before Omelette got bad fin rot that had shredded the tips of his tail fin to tiny black ribbons. I started a Kosher Salt treatment (1 tsp per gallon) and daily 100% water changes. It seems to be working more than the Aquarium Salt treatment I did when I bought him
So he has shown no interest in the moss until today, which I caught him rubbing his sides against several times. It's really odd.
And just a few minutes ago Omelette swam past the front of the tank slowly, and his head twitched to the right 4 times. Then he swam into his little glass and I think I saw him twitch again, though I couldn't tell because the glass distorts his shape. I'm almost certain he twitched again.
I know I'm reposting again though I posted in Betta Care but nobody replied and I'm getting frantic. Omelette is my little friendly baby and I would be devastated if something bad happened to him.
Can you tell me what may be wrong with him??? Or any other info you might need....
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #2 
PaintingPintos

Another thing...
His fins don't seem to be clamped much. They're just fluttering rapidly maybe 2/5 of an inch away from his body. There is no rust or gold dust on him from velvet. The flashlight I shined on him revealed nothing but his metallic body color and mettalic reddish color from the slight red on his fins. Maybe THAT's velvet?? I'm so confused.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #3 
PaintingPintos

ANOTHER note...
He's not losing his appetite at all. If anything, he's hungrier. He has no heater and last night the temp got down to 65 so to replace some energy lost I gave him an extra pellet. He normally eats 3 times a day, 1 pellet per meal. So I gave him 2 this morning and 2 tonight because he seems ravenous and keeps torpedoing to the top every time I take the lid off his tank, as if he's super hungry. Maybe I'm doing it wrong..
Old 02-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #4 
PaintingPintos

One more note....
Omelette will just float, flapping his little "arm" fins... He lets his head bob up to a bit over a 45 degree angle. It's really frightening me and I want HELP. Please? This is the longest time I've gone without a reply.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #5 
Silverfang

there were a few replies to your other thread
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote