Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #11 
PhilipPhish

Maybe I could keep the feeders in the 10 gallon and the fancies in the 25 gallon with my girls.
Or the other way around. Right now, the 2 feeder guppies I have are in my 25 gallon with the girls and the female is pregnant.
What do you think?
PhilipPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #12 
BettaHeart

i only read the title.... there are snakeheads and yes its a type of fish that will eat other fish
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #13 
LittleBettaFish

Snakeheads get way too big for a 10 gallon tank, which I believe is what the OP wanted to house it in.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #14 
thekoimaiden

Many species of snakehead are now illegal in the US due to escapes becoming established in certain waterways.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #15 
PhilipPhish

I've looked into snakeheads and they are, indeed, large, illegal, and something I wouldn't want to keep.

I'll just keep the guppies and perhaps sell some of them if the tanks begin to overflow with them.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #16 
BettaHeart

lol yeah that sounds like a great plan!
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:01 AM   #17 
MinaMinaMina

Separating the sexes is quick and easy, and will save you (and the fish) many problems. You have the choice not to bring beings into this world that you cannot care for. Choose compassion.
MinaMinaMina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:04 AM   #18 
tommy60

Get your self aEUROPEAN Ringtail pike they are a lovely fish to watch it will hide in the plants and dart out to catch thier prey i had one for years and used to thin out mylivebearers had hundreds of them in a 10foot by 3 by 3 fish tank gave hudreds of of fish away to people to start up. Pet shops would not take them had to thin them out kept pike in a 4ft tank alone
you can kill the fish before you feed them to the pike after all the livebearers do eat thier young it is natural thing in the fish world hope this helps tommy60
tommy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #19 
tommy60

pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipPhish View Post
So i'm looking for an aggressive fish that will eat smaller fish, like guppies, the would do well in a 10 gallon.
I've looked into freshwater puffer fish, but decided they weren't for me.
i would prefer a fish that isn't too messy and they don't have to be anything pretty.

I have feeder guppies that I bought from my little sister and I need a fish to eat what I cull.

Thanks for the help!
et your self aEUROPEAN Ringtail pike they are a lovely fish to watch it will hide in the plants and dart out to catch thier prey i had one for years and used to thin out mylivebearers had hundreds of them in a 10foot by 3 by 3 fish tank gave hudreds of of fish away to people to start up. Pet shops would not take them had to thin them out kept pike in a 4ft tank alone
you can kill the fish before you feed them to the pike after all the livebearers do eat thier young it is natural thing in the fish world hope this helps tommy60

Read more: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/o...#ixzz1naUHIYG2
tommy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #20 
PhilipPhish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaMinaMina View Post
Separating the sexes is quick and easy, and will save you (and the fish) many problems. You have the choice not to bring beings into this world that you cannot care for. Choose compassion.
I can care for them, we have a large 75 gallon readily available to keep extras, though my mom doesn't like them in there because the Oscar can't find and eat them.
But, I've decided to get large 10 gallon grow out tubs for the fry and keep the females in one of the breeders tubs in one of those breeders nets until the fry I have are grown and sold to the pet store or to local fish owners.

If you would please see my thread http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=94529 I will be posting links to the diagrams I made to show how I will set up said tubs.

Thank you all for the help, I've decided to keep the guppies and get fancy guppies too!