Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #1 
BlueBettaLover74

Lumps On both Of Betta's Sides?

I just got a delta tail male betta from a guy who kept him in horrid conditions. He was kept in a 1 gallon bowl, no filtration or heater. His bowl was covered in feces, and he was often laying down in the bottom. I don't know how much he was fed or not. I put him in my 10 gallon tank with a heater and filtration. I put a betta log in there also he seems to stay in it allot. More then seems usual. He is recovering from fin rot due to his previous conditions. Any ways, He has two bumps on both of his sides, I don't know if it's his skeleton, tumors or some type of parasite. They are in the same place where they stick out. Other then that he seems relatively happy. He comes to the front when fed. I have tried blood worms he won't touch them he is currently eating Aqueon betta food. He is a beautiful boy, I just want the best for him. If you could help me out I would greatfully appreciate it.

Here are some pictures.

http://tinypic.com/r/zn546c/5
http://tinypic.com/r/10fq3w3/5
http://tinypic.com/r/6rmtl4/5
BlueBettaLover74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #2 
Silverfang

That looks like the caudal peduncle (not sure of the exact spelling). Some bettas just have a more pronounced one that others.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #3 
kfish

Wow, that's a pronounced body shape, lol. Pretty sure he's normal, though. Just CHUBBY. Looks like that guy fed him WAY too much.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #4 
BlueBettaLover74

Thanks Guys, It's a relief to hear that it's nothing that's affecting his health. He's a precious boy, He is actually starting to be more lively. Instead of sitting in the log he is exploring his new tank. :)
BlueBettaLover74 is offline   Reply With Quote