Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #1 
Sundancex

Best size for a planted tank?

I am very interested in doing a planted tank. I'm wondering if there is a minimum size for this? The tank I want is a 6.6 gallon bookshelf tank from Petco, which I think is fine. I could upgrade to a 10 gallon tank but would have to find a kit that would come in at or below $40.
Sundancex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

IMO/E....any size tank can be planted.......I have natural planted soil based as small as half gallon with shrimp and as large as 75 gallon in the house......larger outside in the summer.....
You can see some pics of my NPT's in my album.....

What is most important with live plants-is the light-most plant failures can be related to wrong color temp (kelvin) of the light when not related to non-aquatic plants or improper planting....You may need to change the bulb with whatever kit you get....what you want for plants "Daylight" 5000-7000k....6500k being ideal....

Look forward to seeing pics once you get your planted tank setup.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote