Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #1 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Talking Spike made a bubble nest!!!

I am so proud of him. It has been a while since any of my bettas have made a bubble nest. He was swimming back n forth like "Mommy. Mommy. Look. Look. I did good right?!"
I had been planning to put a styrofoam cup in there to give him an area with some what still water for bubble building. But he made use outta the corner today :)
It isn't big or anything, but I am still proud of mea baby




Last edited by FishyFishy89; 02-26-2012 at 05:01 PM.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #2 
Rosso1011
Member
 
Rosso1011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Virginia
Always a proud moment when your boy makes his first bubble nest. Congratulations. May you see many more bubble nests in your time together.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #3 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso1011 View Post
Always a proud moment when your boy makes his first bubble nest. Congratulations. May you see many more bubble nests in your time together.
Thankies :D
His 1st partial water change is Monday. I'm gonna feel bad when I destroy some of his nest:'(
Oh well, it'll give me a reason to stick that cup in there
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #4 
Rosso1011
Member
 
Rosso1011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Virginia
I always feel bad breaking up a bubble nest, too. What's worst is when they make a bubble nest the night before or the morning of the water change.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #5 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso1011 View Post
I always feel bad breaking up a bubble nest, too. What's worst is when they make a bubble nest the night before or the morning of the water change.
lol, apparently seeing Spike in his 5.5 gallon makes me thing it is really big and spacious. Cause I tried saving his bubble nest by putting it into a styrofoam cup. The cup is much too big. And his nest got destroyed :'(
He busy right now making a new one tho.
His personality always makes me smile. It seems like his whole life revolves around making me smile.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #6 
Hopeseeker
Member
 
Hopeseeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington State
Go Spike, Go!!!! Can he give free lessons to my boys? .....LOL They don't make bubble nests.....
Hopeseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #7 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeseeker View Post
Go Spike, Go!!!! Can he give free lessons to my boys? .....LOL They don't make bubble nests.....
LOL
Not sure if he'd be happy giving out his secrets ;)
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #8 
Rosso1011
Member
 
Rosso1011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
lol, apparently seeing Spike in his 5.5 gallon makes me thing it is really big and spacious. Cause I tried saving his bubble nest by putting it into a styrofoam cup. The cup is much too big. And his nest got destroyed :'(
He busy right now making a new one tho.
His personality always makes me smile. It seems like his whole life revolves around making me smile.
Good to see that he's already hard at work making a new one. Rosso never blows bubbles when I'm around. He'd rather surprise me with the appearance of a bubble nest first thing in the morning or afternoon. He also doesn't have a regular pattern on nest building. Sometimes it's right after a water change, sometimes it's right before the water change.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #9 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso1011 View Post
Good to see that he's already hard at work making a new one. Rosso never blows bubbles when I'm around. He'd rather surprise me with the appearance of a bubble nest first thing in the morning or afternoon. He also doesn't have a regular pattern on nest building. Sometimes it's right after a water change, sometimes it's right before the water change.
Yeah he doesn't like building in my sight either. I have to peek around the kitchen wall to see if hes building.
I found out he doesn't like anything in front of his tank. He flares at it and tries to "scare" it away.
While cooking dinner I had the pasta box sitting on the counter in front of him and he was flaring back n forth at it. Tried to get a picture but as soon as I lifted up my iphone he stopped flaring :'(
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #10 
Rosso1011
Member
 
Rosso1011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
While cooking dinner I had the pasta box sitting on the counter in front of him and he was flaring back n forth at it. Tried to get a picture but as soon as I lifted up my iphone he stopped flaring :'(
That sounds like my guy 100%. Can't get my phone's camera mode loaded in time and if I do, the minute I raise it to the tank, he takes off. My boy does not like the camera. -_-
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Falcon made his first bubble nest Bim0513 Betta Chat 1 12-16-2011 11:27 PM
Bo made his first bubble nest!! Grundylady Betta Pictures 1 09-16-2011 07:51 PM
I Can finally say what I always wanted to say: Bubble HAS MADE A BUBBLE NEST!! DTF Betta Chat 12 01-10-2011 01:06 PM
Chevy made a bubble nest punkchica321 Betta Pictures 2 05-23-2010 05:09 PM
Mars just made a bubble nest but..... JordanIllusions Breeding Betta Fish 3 09-30-2009 10:07 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.