Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-07-2012, 11:33 PM   #111 
MandiceP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrimoniousArbiter View Post
Clearly, there is a Flying Spaghetti Monster in the clouds
O.o pretty sure I'm going to have a nightmare about this tonight... LOL Just kidding. That has to be one of the funniest visuals I've had all day tho! LMAO
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:10 AM   #112 
BettaHeart

just to add to my dragons, they would be able to purr and very very fine hairs above the scales but so clear that the only way to tell is by touch. Making the rough looking scales feel like the softest silkiest fur.
to be continued.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #113 
Litlover11

If there ever where dragons, I believe they would be extinct now. In my opinion they would be too big not to be seen in this global world. However, there is a dinosaur that was recently discovered that looks like a dragon. Its even named after one. Its name is Dracorex Hogwartsia. "The dragon king of Hogwarts" So maybe that is where the myths came from.
Litlover11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #114 
MandiceP

Just giving you guys a heads up that my internet is out at my home until I can pay. Probably not until Friday. So I am working on drawing, but it is going to be a while until I can get on to see your descriptions. Feel free to keep posting them tho! I can see them from my work computer! Sorry for the delay. Litlover11 that Dinosaur is totally awesome! Thanks for sharing that!
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #115 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrimoniousArbiter View Post
I seem to be a bit late for the conversation, but I'll post my thoughts really quickly anways.

1) I noticed you touched on the concept of the multiverse. The idea is that there is an infinite number of universes in which every possibility exists. This allows for pretty much ANY fantasy to be "real" (though the concept of the multiverse only exists in some forms of mathematics). Here's an interesting read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse

I suppose if you have any sort of fantasy you wish to be "real" you could revert to this theory and say it exists in another universe, but it's not the same type of existence we readily accept.

2) As far as anatomy, I suppose there could be certain adaptations that would allow flight. However, I believe the frame of the dragon would be similar to a bird as previously mentioned. Also, the popularized morphology of the dragon doesn't follow any sort of evolutionary path (neither do "air bladders"), so if there was a type of "dragon" it would probably have quite a different form than would be expected.

3) If we are to assume dragons exist on the premise that there is no evidence they do not exist, then who is to say a plethora of other creatures or pretty much anything could not also exist. This relates to point 1, in which I can pretty much take ANYTHING and say it "might" exist because there is no solid proof it does not exist. Clearly, there is a Flying Spaghetti Monster in the clouds, and there are also invisible giants that walk the streets of New York, and Unicorns flying in the sky, and pretty much any imaginative thing your mind could conjure. Though it is fun to entertain these ideas as possibly being reality, we must remember that there are certain limitations of this reality. Not to say that we know everything about the world around us, but there are certain limits to human perception that bind us to a specific "version" of reality.

Regardless, I do enjoy mythical creatures and find them quite entertaining.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper, is that you?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #116 
AcrimoniousArbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
Dr. Sheldon Cooper, is that you?
Sometimes it seems that way, except Penny is pretty much every female
AcrimoniousArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:53 AM   #117 
MrVampire181

I believe in things like dragons, sea monsters, Loch Ness, vampires (username), werewolves etc. Some things may have gone extinct, evolved etc. When cultures all over the world reference similar creatures without having contact with one another it is a bit strange.

I actually had a conversation with a Twilight fan girl (crazy crazy fan girl) about the possibility of vampires being created and even existing. After some thinking I figured it would be similar to the evolution of our species or the conversion of DNA in turning someone into a vampire (similar to how a caterpillar builds a cacoon and morphs into a butterfly).

Basically I believe there is truth to everything to a certain degree.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:03 AM   #118 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
I believe in things like dragons, sea monsters, Loch Ness, vampires (username), werewolves etc. Some things may have gone extinct, evolved etc. When cultures all over the world reference similar creatures without having contact with one another it is a bit strange.

I actually had a conversation with a Twilight fan girl (crazy crazy fan girl) about the possibility of vampires being created and even existing. After some thinking I figured it would be similar to the evolution of our species or the conversion of DNA in turning someone into a vampire (similar to how a caterpillar builds a cacoon and morphs into a butterfly).

Basically I believe there is truth to everything to a certain degree.
Very well said!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #119 
registereduser

http://www.amazon.com/Reign-Of-Fire/...2098350&sr=1-1

Good movie! Except the dragons are the bad guys.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote