Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #1 
LucyLore

Question Does my betta like her food?

I feed Lucy bloodworms and flake food. However, I am noticing that she will puke out the flake food and try to eat it again. This has started happening more frequently.

I have searched this site for a possible explanation, but I am 100% certain Lucy is in perfect betta health otherwise.

Is it that the flakes are too big for her? Does she not like the flake food? Is this a sign of over-feeding? Or is this normal, I am just being silly, betta behavior?

Thanks!
LucyLore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #2 
Pataflafla

She might not like the flake food, which could be a good thing. flake food doesn't provide the best nutrition and opens up the possibility of swallowing air and getting bloated.

Maybe try switching to a pellet food? New Life Spectrum is a good one to try, and most people say their bettas won't turn it down.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flake food, food, puke