Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #1 
furubafan3

Talking Hello From Massachusettes! :)

Hello everyone! I didn't want to properly introduce myself until I became and official betta keeper! My name is Tiffany, and I'm currently a college student in Boston studying Graphic Design and Web Development. However, I grew up in Western Mass.

I enjoy drawing, writing, coding websites, and reading tarot cards!

I found this forum after my brother adopted his class pet fish last year. We named him Ishmael, and he had a bad case of fin rot. Researching the forums here helped me get a proper heater and larger bowl. Nowadays, his fins are no longer bloody and are starting to grow back! :D

However caring for his fish got me hooked on fish in general, and after having a horrific accident with goldfish. (my school was giving out free goldfish in tiny half gallon tanks so they died since I didn't know any better.) I thought I wasn't capable of caring for fish and I wanted to redeem myself.

So I read these forums extensively saved up my money, and now I'm the proud owner of Lancelot! A gorgeous dark blue veil teil with purple and red streaked fins. I'd take a photo but he keeps turning out pitch black.

So far he's doing wonderfully, he's eating like a pig, and he has the habit of patrolling around his plant and burrowing up inside it to rest. He also likes to flare up at the heater when it lights up.

Sorry for writing a short novel, if you read this far you deserve a cookie!

Last edited by furubafan3; 02-27-2012 at 11:31 AM.
furubafan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #2 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hi Tiffany and welcome to the forum

I'm glad you didn't give up on fish. I started with one blue VT male named Baccus (god of wine) and I now have 6 boys in 2.5 or 5 gallon tanks and a 75 gallon community tank.

I grew up in MA but me and the bf built a house here in southern NH in May of 2010. I still work in Boston tho.which makes for a lovely commute

It's nice to have you on board.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #3 
furubafan3

Thank you so much! Man that does sound like a rough commute! D: Do you drive in or take the train?
Old 02-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #4 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by furubafan3 View Post
Thank you so much! Man that does sound like a rough commute! D: Do you drive in or take the train?
I drive 40 mins to the commuter rail, hop on that for an hour and 10 mins. then hop on the orange line to work.

All in all a little over two hours each way. But I get to work from home on Monday and Friday (which is why I'm able to be here ha ha). That helps a lot.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #5 
Wolfie305

Wow you sound just like me hahaha. I'm a Cape Cod resident going to school in Newton and majoring in Graphic Design with a focus on web design LOL. I love to code!
Wolfie305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #6 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forum.
You'll learn new things as you go along - one of the greatest aspects of betta keeping.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #7 
furubafan3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie305 View Post
Wow you sound just like me hahaha. I'm a Cape Cod resident going to school in Newton and majoring in Graphic Design with a focus on web design LOL. I love to code!
Oh wow that's so weird! I was perusing your portfolio site and I must say, SUPER NICE! It's very clean, and professional looking! I'm currently still working on mine, but it's on hiatus since I'm so behind on programming homework. (I'm learning a ton of back end stuff. )

Question, do you buy your own hosting?
Old 02-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #8 
furubafan3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
I drive 40 mins to the commuter rail, hop on that for an hour and 10 mins. then hop on the orange line to work.

All in all a little over two hours each way. But I get to work from home on Monday and Friday (which is why I'm able to be here ha ha). That helps a lot.
Ouch that sounds rough! O_<
Old 02-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #9 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by furubafan3 View Post
Ouch that sounds rough! O_<
I've gotten used to it. Thank god for digital readers and as of today, a new iphone :)

I probably won't want to get off of the train because I'm hooked on Angry Birds!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #10 
dmuddle

Welcome, good thing that you kept your love for fish!
dmuddle is offline   Reply With Quote