Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #21 
Sena Hansler

An update! We figured out the baby is for sure a male!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #22 
Badjer

Aww yay! I love that piggies are born with all their hair and able to be sexes right away. Something about bald, squirmy rodent babies isn't as pleasant haha! Oliver suits the skinny well! You'll have to share your experiences with him, I'd love to have one someday! Be sure to have a back up plan in case he doesn't take well to the other males. My first pig, Gizmo, hated all other critters. Actually, only other animal he did like was my pug. They were adoreable together, and he was the boss! She never messed with him...first time they met (he was in her kennel cage after a bath...without her in their of course!) he came right up to the front, and nipped her on the nose! Funniest thing I've EVER seen. XD
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #23 
Sena Hansler

Well hopefully he gets along with Shagyy (the new boy) because Shaggy is sooooo calm... He is very very friendly, and makes friends well. Oliver is used to kids and pets x)

My friend gave me C&C grids, but I do not intend on making a cage. Nuh uh. Stilling using the room to my advantage :p Just now, the C&C grids can be used to make dividers, or borders, so if the males don't get along...they can be separated =D I think I have about.....18 grids?
Old 02-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #24 
Badjer

This project seriously sounds like so much fun! How large is the room you're dealing with? And how difficult will this be for you to clean? I'd love to have an animal room like this someday!
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #25 
animallover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
An update! We figured out the baby is for sure a male!

Congrats on your boy, and your new inherited one
animallover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #26 
Sena Hansler

Once everyone is settled in, I want to introduce Oliver and Shaggy or at least try. Worse comes to worse they are separated.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #27 
Sena Hansler

So, Oliver is very jumpy when touched (other than the face). Even if he knows you are touching his side, he will jump!! he doesn't like being touched Might be because they DID have a three year old around him... he might have been roughly handled. Any tips?? he even "flinches" while being held, and you pet him. I make sure my hands are not cold and everything. (plus I am getting him the recommended Johnson's tearless baby shampoo and lotion)

Today I get to begin on the room. First, laying down the tarp and getting it to stay on/against the wall :)
Old 03-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #28 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I don't know about guinea pigs, but I know for dogs that don't like being pet, it's best to pet them often, but only for short amounts of time at once. Like pet him a bit and leave him to calm, and then pet him more and leave him to calm etc.. It might work, he's probably just used to being handled roughly and doesn't know that a gentle hand exists.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #29 
Sena Hansler

hmm thanks I tend to stop because he starts chattering x.x I never put weight on him with my hand, or like I do with Shaggy is "fluff up the hair" because well he doesn't have hair!! I made him a pouch for when I am holding him anyways, which has made him feel more secure. otherwise he ends up on my neck and it's a little painful when they have claws
Old 03-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #30 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Haha, hairless things are <3
He'll probably calm down after he gets used to seeing you a lot too, he doesn't really know you that well yet. Hope you post photos of this room soon :D
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote