Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #31 
Sena Hansler

Well I've had him roaming (he didn't really roam) and the cat came up to him (yay no more cats!! >:( ), I walkd by a few times.... he just watches LOL. That's why I thought getting one that was associated with children was better because they wouldn't panic from noise haha!!

and I sure will!! :)
Sena Hansler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #32 
Sena Hansler

The tarp is the main BIG detail in the room... why? it keeps my carpet clean!! D: Plus, it'd be easier to clean by vaccuuming poos then wiping down with a cloth or mop. I am leaving some of the floor (including some of the tarp that you see) as a "walking zone". As you can see I am making sure you can make it to the window.. not only for reasons such as possible (but unlikely) fires, but for shade, sun, cooling down, etc. And that little mop is Shaggy, chillin' out with me. The closet is being left I guess, as what my bf wanted. I'll use it for storage haha!!

Shaggy came from a "we don't care" home with a female and two other males - in the same 2 by 5 cage!!!! The female went to the spca because we aren't in the city, or near a cavy savy vet - just in case her pelvis IS fused together and she IS pregnant!! She is gaurenteed care and lovings there As for him, his toenails are curled and I have to find where the hey the quicks are so I don't hurt him when I go in and trim them. He also is supposedly a "year old" but has catarcts starting in both eyes - even with the eyes being healthy and clean. Then again they WERE in pine bedding. >.> but he IS a sweet heart!! right now he is in the coroplast cage outline thinger, without the cage around him and he's chilling there. He won't run away x)
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #33 
Sena Hansler

Half Done!

First picture: from the doorway.
Second: Not completed, but this is Oliver's area. Him and Shaggy do NOT get along! Oliver is such a grumpy thing >:( The house is a cardboard box with one end's flaps cut off. The paper mache was done WITHOUT glue - only flour, and water. Which works equally as good!!
Third: Shaggy's domain. I gave him a "trough" which was just an interestingly shaped cardboard piece off a display box. He lvoes his hay!!
Fourth: Honey and (my bf named him) Jo-Jo her baby, have double the room... Half the area for them is all soft hay, and the other half is a soft blanket.

This is only half done. I still have to put the coroplast on properly, to avoid the baby from escaping LOL!! Just like his mom.... Likes to escape. The coroplast is to avoid the following: Shaggy smexing Honey up , the baby from visiting Shaggy - like he wanted to before and to make sure the baby doesn't end up somewhere in my house :/
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #34 
JKfish

wow... this is incredible! I really like the thought of homemade carefresh, it definately seems like a cheaper alternative. :D
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #35 
Jrf456

-dies-

THEY. ARE. SO. CUTE ! ! ! !
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #36 
Sena Hansler

thank you JKfish lol it it IS cheaper.... if you're willing to put effort in. I found 1 hour in the oven then the rest air dry is better. pummeling it after is even BETTER better

JR LOL I know hey? Shaggy is my little dog. Who isn't a dog. and likes to sit in his huts and walk with them on his back. like a turtle. a turtledogguinea. o_O
Old 03-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #37 
Bombalurina

I love it when animals do that! My rat Hyde has a really fat bottom and once tried to exit one of his igloos by a hole that was far too small for him. He got his lovely front half through, but his enormous bottom was too tall and too wide to follow, so he was abling around, dragging this huge igloo behind him...it was so funny. My turtle rat. <3 I had to push him back into the igloo and pull him out via the big hole instead.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:32 PM   #38 
Sena Hansler

hahaha cute!
Old 03-02-2012, 02:40 AM   #39 
yyankeeyankeefan

that looks fantastic! very lucky family you have there! congrats on your "outside the box" thinking!
yyankeeyankeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #40 
Sena Hansler

Thanks!! and literally

I have to now baby proof it!! The baby wanted to go say high to Shaggy, who actually was kissing the baby's face anyways, through the bars. That baby wants to meet and greet all critters :o But for his safety I say nuh UH. Coroplast will be put in place. So for the night Honey and Jo-Jo were put back into the glorified litterbox.