Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #1 
titusthebetta

Temporary tank concerns

So I noticed a few days ago that my current tank was leaking. I had a 2.5 gallon marineland, one of the basic glass ones that comes in the standard sizes. I didn't really want to keep my boy in a leaking tank, and as it turned out my friend had a spare tank. Thing is, I have some concerns about keeping him in this tank.

For starters, it's a 1 gallon. I only want him in it temporarily, seeing as my parents are coming up in a couple weeks and I'll have them buy me a new tank, but in the meantime will it be a bad thing for him to have limited swimming room? Also, I have a 25 watt heater that I doubt will be any use in the tank. Is there any way to help keep the temperature in the tank somewhat decent for him?
titusthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #2 
ZergyMonster

1 Gallon tanks are fine for bettas but yours may feel a little unhappy because he is getting a smaller house. You can still use that heater as long as you can constantly keep tabs on the temp(hope you have a thermometer) or you can have your tank near a heat source.

Last edited by ZergyMonster; 02-27-2012 at 05:49 PM.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote