Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #1 
pasoindy

My ever changing Veiltail

Blue moon lights

Day one. Grumpy face.
Had to buy him some PetCo (houseplants!) "aquatic" plants for him to sleep on until the real plants came in the mail.

A few days later. Changing color already...

Present Day

pasoindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #2 
MandiceP

Loving the tank! I'm a big fan of the Edge tanks! Your fish is gorgeous. I love how nice and rich his blue color is now. Looks like he's nice and happy with you! Good job
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #3 
a123andpoof

Wow normally I am not overly fond of blues but he is beautiful! (I know i own two blues...still not overly fond of them lol)
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #4 
pasoindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by a123andpoof View Post
Wow normally I am not overly fond of blues but he is beautiful! (I know i own two blues...still not overly fond of them lol)
Haha, well I passed over the blues and picked him because he was turquoise. I got real excited when he turned teal, and then... oh, I guess he's blue.
Oh well, at least he's happy. He is a pretty blue.

I have a 12" Ecoxotic Stunner Strip (8000K white, 453nm blue) coming that will replace that big, temporary lightstrip. It's for my plants, but I can't wait to see his colors under it.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #5 
Laki

He can't make up his mind^.^ Well, he tricked you!! :D He's lovely
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #6 
tpocicat

Blue is my favorite color...He looks wonderful.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #7 
Karebear13

My fish was backwards. He was blue now he is turning teal. Haha love your setup and your fish!
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #8 
Aitas

awww now he looks just like my male called Blue!
Aitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #9 
pasoindy

Thanks! I do love how happy he is now. I don't know if fish have emotions, but he truly seems grateful that he is where he is now. He started rushing to the front of the tank by the 2nd day.

I don't think I mentioned how I got him, so here goes! It's long. I'm warning you now. :)

I have been in and out of the hospital for the past two years dealing with nerve damage, and my latest and hopefully last surgery was January 2012. I was in the hospital for a long time, and it got really quiet and lonely during the night on the weekends when there were only two nurses (private hospital/nice) around. On the nurses station there was a Betta in a bowl and I would hobble out and watch him. He didn't do much because he was in what I'd guess was a 1/2 gallon vase (no plant on top). So, Kringle the Betta and I got to know each other because I was the patient there the longest. One of the nurses was in charge of him and cleaned his water and fed him. We talked about him some, and I got the itch to have fish again.

But, I didn't know anything about Bettas so I started reading and catching up on all the changes in the fish keeping world since last I had a tank.

About a week after I got home, my husband took me to PetCo to get a Betta.
My PetCo is "ok" as far as big box stores go. They have someone there who appears to like fish enough to keep the tanks and Betta cups clean. All the Bettas looked pretty good.

So then I couldn't decide which Betta to pick. I picked up a light turquoise Veiltail and then a royal blue one, then I put the blue one back, and my husband held the turquoise one while I picked up every Betta in the store to compare with the first fish. The last fish I picked up was a fancier Crowntail, and I put the turquoise Betta back on the shelf. Then I felt guilty. We had been holding the turquoise fish for several minutes by then and had apparently bonded with it. So the turquoise Veiltail came home with me.

He went absolutely gaga over his new digs. We put a few live plants in and he slept on the leaves at night. He downright snuggled with those plants. I felt bad removing his favorite, but it was Lucky Bamboo.

So that's how I got my Betta. Some of my salties had personality, but they weren't nearly as entertaining or as dog-like as this little Betta. I mean, he even let's me pet him. He also likes to flare at the chopstick I use to stir around his sandbed. He's awesome. :)

It's just so depressing to see how badly some people treat these cool little creatures. This forum is a great resource, and I wish more people would find it before they bought a Betta.

Our big, new 36 gallon just came, and I hope to move Chips into it after we get it all set up.

Last edited by pasoindy; 02-28-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #10 
betta lover1507

love that tank and gorgeous boy
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote