Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #131 
Fishguy2727

Yes, bigger tank is vital.

It doesn't have to say goldfish. Any of the NLS is fine. The Thera+A has enough garlic to kill some parasites so I recommend that one. Any of the 'regulars' are fine ('cichlid', 'discus', 'community', etc.).

No. No fish needs variety. Variety is a classic way to try to get proper nutrition that we have all been trained on. But the main goal is complete and balanced nutrition. NLS does this on its own and does it better on its own than with anything mixed in. I know this is the exact opposite of what most people think, but variety is not a nutrient and is not vital for nutrition. I have not found any other foods that I would trust to feed exclusively besides NLS.
Fishguy2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:18 PM   #132 
Bombalurina

I confess, I feed NLS cichlid pellets to my bettas. They have a much better ingredient list than any of the betta specific foods readily available, and I got them for free, so it seemed sensible. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #133 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

But there is no reason not to feed veggies. Some people like to treat their fish :)
Also- I will be looking into this food for when I get my community.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #134 
Wolfie305

I have the money for the bigger tank, I'm just waiting to hear back from a few more people before I make the decision. One woman was selling the tank with a metal stand (which won't stand well on my carpet floor) for a lot more money than a few others selling the same tank with better (and nicer) stands. Of course, she's the only one who has replied so far and she offered to sell me just the tank, so I might go for it if I don't hear back from anyone else within the week.
Wolfie305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #135 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I'm really envious that your parents aren't saying anything about this. I'd be out after I said 50 gallons :p
Old 03-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #136 
Bombalurina

If you are worried about the stand hurting your carpet, get a sheet of wood to put underneath it. It will prevent you getting stand marks - you'll just get a bit of a rectangular impression instead. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #137 
Wolfie305

Olympia - Believe me, they aren't too happy. Every time I plug something in they mention the electric bill xD.

And once they see how big a 55gal tank is, I don't think I'll be able to keep it in my room anymore (I actually don't even have the space in my room unless I take out the piece of furniture the current tank is on, which I planned on doing but my mom will have something to say about that).

Kinda why I'm hoping to be moving soon. Graduating in May and I had an interview for a "real" job with a salary last week so fingers crossed LOL.

I swear I feel like I just had an unexpected infant and I'm trying to prepare last minute xD. Darn those fishies for being too cute :P
Old 03-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #138 
Wolfie305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
If you are worried about the stand hurting your carpet, get a sheet of wood to put underneath it. It will prevent you getting stand marks - you'll just get a bit of a rectangular impression instead. :)
Oh that's not a bad idea. I wasn't worried about the carpet, I was worried about the tank rocking from being on a non-hard surface xD.

I did just find a nice 55gal stand on Craigslist so I might see what that person says.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #139 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yay! 55'gallons should hold Ro over for a pretty good amount of time I think. :)
Old 03-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #140 
Wolfie305

Yeah, I really don't want to go any smaller than that (even though it would give me an excuse to have more tanks >_> )