Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #171 
thekoimaiden
Reference Team

Ro could be clamping because she is nervous. I have a goldfish who will begin to turn red in the fins if I've had my hands in the tank for too long or have spent a few hours with my face close to the glass (ironically enough trying to examine this fish for signs of disease). If you think she is lonely, you could try the mirror trick. When I had to put my veiltail in QT to treat for fungus my ryukin began to get nervous without a buddy. I found that a mirror about the height of the tank really helped him calm down.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #172 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
Ro could be clamping because she is nervous. I have a goldfish who will begin to turn red in the fins if I've had my hands in the tank for too long or have spent a few hours with my face close to the glass (ironically enough trying to examine this fish for signs of disease). If you think she is lonely, you could try the mirror trick. When I had to put my veiltail in QT to treat for fungus my ryukin began to get nervous without a buddy. I found that a mirror about the height of the tank really helped him calm down.
you had a betta in with a goldfish?
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #173 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Veil tail goldfish :)
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #174 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Veil tail goldfish :)
Oooooh okay hehe
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:28 AM   #175 
thekoimaiden
Reference Team

Haha. Ya. Veiltail can also be used to describe fancy goldfish with very long fins. They're about as long as her body!

How is little Ro holding up?
Old 04-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #176 
Wolfie305

Wow sorry for the absence. I had my convention this weekend so I was away from the computer. Ro is holding up good and my dad was able to keep her fed and I changed her water when I got back :)
Wolfie305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #177 
thekoimaiden
Reference Team

That's the kind of update that we love! I'm really glad to hear little Ro is doing well.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #178 
Wolfie305

I'm so glad too. I didn't want to start the whole "take out the filter and put it in a bucket ammonia" while I was away for the weekend like the GAB suggested, but I think I'll start that soon to help speed up the cycle.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #179 
PhishPhreak

answered my questions too! thanks!
PhishPhreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:34 AM   #180 
Wolfie305

So funny story.

Went to my friend's house with my boyfriend because he was having an issue with his TV and wanted Nick to look at it. Get to house and I noticed he had a HUGE (I assumed 55 gal) tank just hanging out in his little screen house that leads inside the house. I got excited.

Asked him if he was planning on getting rid of it because it was outside and he asked his mom. His mom told me someone had given it to her with all the stuff (hood, light, filter system, etc), but it wasn't big enough for her bearded dragons, so she was just going to sell it across the street.

Long story short, she gave it to me for FREE!! Now all I need is a nice stand. She told me her nephew told her it was 45 gallons, but I'm going to pick it up tomorrow and measure it and see. It's really long and not so much wide, but wide enough for them to turn around even when big.