Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #201 
thekoimaiden

I'm sorry I haven't been around much. I've got a heartbreak story of my own right now. But I'm pullin for you little Ro! I can't remember or not whether you have AQ salt in the water. Neither can I remember what you said your water hardness is.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #202 
Wolfie305

I'm so sorry you're having problems as well. What happened? :(

I stopped using AQ salt about 2 weeks ago after reading recommendations on GAB on when to stop. I just changed her water and added 1 tsp per gallon, however.

Really stupid question (that I should know after 4 years of ET), but how do I determine the hardness again?
Wolfie305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #203 
thekoimaiden

My cat has a mouth tumor, and we've been getting her to eat pretty well for the past month. But she suddenly stopped eating yesterday. Because we don't want her to starve to death, it's looking like we're going to have to put her down this week. So I'm not really on top of my game right now. But this thread is for your little Ro. We'll focus on her here.

Okay so no salt. Be sure to tell the GAB that. Water hardness can usually be found online at your local water treatment plant's website. It should also have the pH of your water. If that info isn't there you could either buy a test kit or call them. Goldfish like hard water, and being in soft water does cause problems as I've found out with my guys.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #204 
Hanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
My cat has a mouth tumor, and we've been getting her to eat pretty well for the past month. But she suddenly stopped eating yesterday. Because we don't want her to starve to death, it's looking like we're going to have to put her down this week. So I'm not really on top of my game right now. But this thread is for your little Ro. We'll focus on her here.

Okay so no salt. Be sure to tell the GAB that. Water hardness can usually be found online at your local water treatment plant's website. It should also have the pH of your water. If that info isn't there you could either buy a test kit or call them. Goldfish like hard water, and being in soft water does cause problems as I've found out with my guys.
It doesnt matter who started this thread or why it was started, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your kitty. It is such a hard decision to make but in the long run you'll feel good that you did the best for tour little princess. God bless

Of coarse we also wish the best for little Ro
Hanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #205 
Bombalurina

*hugs* for KoiMaiden! :(

Do you have a hardness test kit, Wolfie? It should test GH and KH. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #206 
djembekah

they have hardness kits at home depot i am pretty sure. i've been thinking about getting one.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #207 
Wolfie305

Like Hanky said, it doesn't matter this thread is about, we're all here to support you and be concerned with any of your babies. I really hope your cat recovers.

Bomba - I'll see if I can get one today, but I believe Cape Cod water is soft. I remember hearing that all the time in high school.

Ro's rot is spreading to her dorsal fin. Waiting for the people at the GAB to give me the okay to treat her. I really don't want to wait any longer after what happened with Fus..
Old 04-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #208 
thekoimaiden

Thanks for all the support guys. I don't have any good news to share, tho. We had to put my 14-year-old cat down yesterday. We didn't want her to starve or suffocate to death. She is still in my current pets album; I don't have the hear to move her yet. I'm still very torn up, and that's why I haven't been on much lately.

I wish I could be more help, Kelsey. I'm sorry. I hope the GAB can take care of you.

Last edited by thekoimaiden; 04-18-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #209 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Awww no Izzy <3 I'm sure your kitty had a great long life with you guys <3

I don't know if this sounds ridiculous, but I've heard of people cutting the fin rot off in serious cases >-< I'm only bringing it up because it seems like some crazy fast infection.. I'd ask the goldfish forum about it though.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #210 
Wolfie305

So sorry, Izzy :C

Olympia - Oh god knowing my luck she would die from that :C Treating with salt and she's still alive, still eating. Just lethargic. Sigh :(