Old 02-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #11 
Ayane Hajinmon

dam...that sound horrible...im speechless
Ayane Hajinmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #12 
jaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Even sisters will fight. They are just slightly less likely too. I suspect that the reason they weren't fighting is that they were simply too stressed. :(

The reason I bought Circe was because she was the smallest (though not by much) and most miserable looking of - I kid you not - SIX girls in a tank that was a gallon as most, most likely less. Ok, they were tiny, but that's no excuse.
Ughhhhhh, six is even worse. D: And yeah, you may be right about them not fighting because they were stressed. I hadn't thought of that but it's a valid point.

Posting again to add that I went back today and the shop had separated out the remaining two females, so at least they have that going for them. It's possible they did this because they fought or something, but both of the girls look pretty healthy and have their fins intact and everything. So I'm not really sure.
jaela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #13 
littlemermaid

My wal mart has started keeping their females in a collective tank no caves plants or hidey holes and plenty of dead bettas I grabbed the last 2 the last time I was there they are now enjoying a 10 gallon tank with lots of plants along with the rest of my sorority. I wish I could save them all!
littlemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #14 
XxBettaLoverxX

I have my 3 girls in a 9-10gl tank. At first they were real fiesty so i put them in cups and floated them for about a day and they were forced to look at eachother the whole day. Then at night I put them in together at the same time and they were ok, not a single flare since :)

My sorority:

XxBettaLoverxX is offline   Reply With Quote