Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #1 
BettaMommy531rip

Talking Inheritance Series by Christopher Paolini!

I just started reading the first book- Eragon- and I AM HOOKED!!! Best dragon series out there!!! I am going to give a shout out to MandiceP who mentioned them to me. Thanks Mandice for mentioning them! If the rest of the books are as good as the first 90 pages of Eragon, it's promising! After lunch I checked it out of my school library. I hardly took my nose out of it long enough to make it up the stairs to class! So this thread is devoted entirely to the Inheritance Series, any other dragon books, and any input on dragons!
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #2 
diablo13

I LOVE those books!!!! Feel grateful you're reading them now, I had to wait 4 years for the last one to come out.
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #3 
BettaMommy531rip

I quake with fear at the thought of actually having to wait before the next book came out. That would be my personal torture! I'm glad as well that I get to read them now. I'm at the part in the 1st book where Brom, Eragon, and Saphira got their supplies in Daret.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #4 
Bombalurina

I'm still bitter that his parents are publishers. Grr. I want my parents to be publishers.

I thought the books were good, if very cliché and with some annoying quirks (why can't dwarves say my instead of mine? It's not that hard!). I did like the twist at the end of Book 2, though. (I won't reveal it, BettaMommy, don't worry :p).
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #5 
BettaMommy531rip

Thanks! Can't wait to read the rest of them! I think there should be a book forum. You know like Betta Fish.com, but "Book.com" (not very original is it). I would be the first one to post a "Inheritance" thread!
Old 02-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #6 
MandiceP

I started reading Eragon because I saw it as a new release in Walmart one day shopping with my mom during my senior year in high school... I've been out of school for 8 years now... I had to wait for every book after it to come out. I won't lie tho, the last book was the worst to wait for. I identified with Christopher Paolini tho as he was a very young writer and I've been working on writing a fantasy book since I was that age as well. So he inspires me a little, but yeah his parents being publishers is an unfair advantage... LMAO

I'm just about done with Brisingr and then I'm going to immediately read Inheritance. I am so into it right now. This book was a little hard to get going. I still like Eldest the best so far, but we'll see as I begin to wrap up this series! YAY! I'm so glad you like it! There are lots of fans on here so I'm sure lots of people will be able to chat with us all about it! <3

I can't wait to breed a couple of my dragon bettas so I can use more dragon names from the book! I just recently named my newest DT male after an ancient dragon that Eragon tries out as a name for Saphira when he is trying to name her in the beginning. Eridor. I love the name! I can't wait for you to get through the series!
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #7 
BettaMommy531rip

Ooooh! Eridor! Post pics please! It's a perfect name, I can just feel it! :)
Old 02-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #8 
MandiceP

That is Eridor!!! He is a blue marble double tail HM male and I was given him for free by a local breeder I've become friends with. He's only breeding HMPK's now and he asked me if I had any HM females I wanted to breed. Oh man do I. I have a nice copper dragon HM female from Chard who will go nicely with this man! I can't wait to do that breeding. Tho it won't be my first. I'm going to spawn Shruikan and Cynder first. :)

Take note that he isn't even flaring in the second picture, his fins just sit like that naturally. He is so beautiful. I just sat and looked at him awestruck when I first got him. I can't believe I own such a creature!
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #9 
BettaMommy531rip

Your betta pack is growing I see! Gorgeousness must be at its peak in your house with all these bettas!
Old 02-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #10 
tpocicat

I too read Eragon, and all the others, I too had to wait 4 years for Inheritance to come out. Wonderful series. I read a lot, murder mysteries, fantasy, science fiction, anything but romance novels (yuck).
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dragon, dragons, inheritance, paolini, series