Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #11 
Ayane Hajinmon

i got him yesterday evening

i never feed frozen food...and pretty much dont know how it work...im going to the store tonite to get some different food and medication for him...how do i feed frozen bloodworms? do i let it thaw out and then feed it?

i just put him in a dark and quiet place...not sure how the green tea work...do i just put a bag of green tea in his tank? just like that?
Ayane Hajinmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #12 
LolaQuigs

There are a couple of different methods to get the green tea extract. When I made it, I would fill my water change bucket the day before a water change, then I'd condition as usual, and then I would let the tea bag steep overnight. The next day I'd discard the old tea bag and do my water change.

Since your guy is already set up and you don't want stress him by giving him another water change so soon, I think you could probably just steep the tea bag directly in his tank for a few hours, until the water gets darker.

Just make sure you get decaf green tea that doesn't have any other ingredients added to it.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #13 
newarkhiphop

i saw before you start hitting him with teas and frozen warms, just let him rest in some nice warm clean water, offer some pellets tomorrow and see how it takes it, he is probably in shock, or the fish equal of it
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #14 
StarBetta

If he pulls through I can already tell he'll be VERY beautiful. Maybe you should stick a pellet or bloodworm with your finger in the water and wiggle it around? Maybe he'll get a bit of interest.
StarBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #15 
Badjer

To feed frozen bloodworms, wear gloves as some people have allergic reactions. I just break off a tiny piece (careful not to overfeed!) of the block they're frozen in and drop it into the tank. It melts almost instantly, and all my fish devour it in seconds. It's so cute! You can feed these once or twice a week as a meal replacement. I'd be surprised if your guy didn't go after them. (:
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #16 
Silverfang

I go about feeding frozen foods in a lightly different manner, of course having 11 fish makes a big difference. I have a small container/dish just a small piece of plastic I've thouroughly washed and rinsed. A spoon, and an eyedropper. I break/cut off a small piece of the frozen food, at a spoonful (or more, depending on the size of the piece). I let it sit for a minute, then use the eyedropper to feed the frozen bloodworms. Both boys and girls attack the eyedropper and are quite happy.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #17 
Ayane Hajinmon

thank you so much for the support guys and girls

i left him in the dark for 5 hours now...he seem to be swimming around a little when i check on him just now...i went to the store and got some Hikari bloodworms for him to try tomorrow
Old 02-29-2012, 10:35 PM   #18 
Ayane Hajinmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBetta View Post
If he pulls through I can already tell he'll be VERY beautiful. Maybe you should stick a pellet or bloodworm with your finger in the water and wiggle it around? Maybe he'll get a bit of interest.
lol ive try all that but nothing work...im going to try frozen bloodworm tomorrow to see if he would go for it
Old 03-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #19 
Ayane Hajinmon

hi people...just wanna update about the fish and ask a question also

he still alive and acting like a normal fish now...but is very difficult to get him to eat..he only go for the food that is sinking...he would eat the pellets if i soak it up real good...like...get it super soft...and i am aware that the nutrient from the pellet dissolved as soon as it hit the water...so i've been feeding him about 3 pellets, 3 times per day(9-10 pellets total) ...is this a good idea? i dont want to over feed him but i also dont want him to be malnutrition
Old 03-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #20 
Karebear13

Aww Im so glad he is doing better. About your question I would only do about six pellets total, but maybe someone else has a different opinnion
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote