Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-10-2012, 04:01 AM   #61 
DormDrax

Which makes it sad when you've had a betta for almost 2 years then when it dies... Pfft when Drax died I *blushes* cried for abit. But no one gives you sympathy until you say you've said all the facts like in my case that Drax was a free betta from school, which got me immediately into fish keeping, and spoiled him rotten with a 10gal and tank mates, then when Pepper (16yr old dog) passed away he became my only pet. Only then did I get any sympathy.
Thankfully I have Sotto.

maybe ... Just maybe... Get her a very beautiful DROP DEAD GORGEOUS betta and watch her squirm when it gets sick. Lie and tell her it cost a fortune and that it's a special breed that's rare. That killing it due to negligence is frowned upon. (for some reason that Simpsons episode with that screaming caterpillar popped into my head lol)
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:09 AM   #62 
freemike

Definitely understand what you are saying Drax. People don't really understand the time that is needed to properly keep fish and the amount of time that goes into it. I know keeping my 2 dogs happy was a lot easier than cycling 2 10 gallon tanks, and 3 small tanks (2 of which are being medicated one for fin rot and the other parasites). Not saying one means more than the other dog vs fish, but you get attached to both and it hurts to lose either one of them. I dread the day when I lose one of my boys. Luckily both seem to be recovering quite well.
freemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #63 
Thebettaqueen

I know! I can't believe she opened her mouth and sad such a thing. I couldn't help it that my dog had gotten cancer, and my fish had gotten sick ( After introducing two ghost shrimp that were infected with something..DX) At least I clean my tanks, a Ten gallon one! When they need to be clean, and I actually take care of my 'children' She also told me after I said my pets were ill that she STILL has the betta rotting at the bottom of a mini tank. She began to LAUGH when she described what the boy looked like..turning into a skeleton..Ugh...

Last edited by Thebettaqueen; 03-10-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Thebettaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #64 
Bombalurina

That is horrible. :( I would cut off all communcation with her. It's just going to lead to heartbreak for you. :(

Drax: I sobbed like a baby when I found my favourite girl Thetis dead. It was partially the shock of seeing her lying at the bottom of the tank with a hole in her throat when she had been perfectly healthy a few hours earlier, and partly because I loved that little fish to death. She was beautiful. :( I'm actually suspicious that she may have been a juvenile male, and the girls ganged up on her and killed her as a result. :(
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #65 
DragonTheBetta

I would scream right there and then. If my pet dies and somebody critisized me I would be all "What the heck is wrong with you! Your pets die all the time from a cause that you could have prevented and my pet dies by something that I couldnt stop and you critisize me!" Then I would storm out of the room like they do in tv shows (I'm a drama queen!) I'm sorry 4 you.
DragonTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #66 
Thebettaqueen

I cried as well when my betta, Antonio ( 2 years) Died the other day, same with jem. The horrible part is later, we had to put my dog of 14 years down due to her illness.

I WANT to, but she's just so scary..plus..I have the same lunch period as her. To sit there awkwardly with a person that's glaring at you and spreading rumors..wouldn't be fun..She just annoys me so much..but my nature will not allow me to break a..'friendship.' but trust me. One more out burst like before about my animals. I'm going to get in her face about her pets..
Old 03-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #67 
SnowySurface

I agree with Bombalurina. You are better off limiting how much time you spend with her even if you do share a lunch period. All she is doing is putting you through an emotional roller coaster. That is not friendship. :(
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #68 
Thebettaqueen

I've actually been thinking. Another friend of mine ( Who also has bettas and disagrees with her. Since she had made fun of her niece.D<) Just doesn't talk to her. I'll try doing that tomorrow..
Old 03-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #69 
vanroe214

Ugh, that's kind of like my friend. First of all, she CONVINCED me to get a betta with her. I didn't want one at first, but she talked me into buying one with her. We hadn't the slightest idea how to care for them however, I'm responsible so I researched everything on bettas, I got her a 10 gallon tank, live plants and a heater + filter. I ended up spending 150 dollars on all the supplies (I wanted her to be as happy as possible). I tried telling my friend what she needs to care for her betta (right now, her's is in a half gallon tank, no plants, nothing but gravel, not even a light or heater!) she said she wasn't rich. My friend even said that her betta rarely eats. Gee, I wonder why. /:
vanroe214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #70 
PinkyMiku

If I were you, I would go there to take care of the fish for her. Your not doing it for her you will be doing it for the fish and his well being
PinkyMiku is offline   Reply With Quote