Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Contests
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #41 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Themes would be cool!

Copperarabian, you are so good at photography, maybe I should use your tips ;)
They definitely work, and sunlight makes bettas look amazing. Their colors come out so much better and because the light is brighter there will be less if any blurr :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBetta View Post
I bet copperanian's camera must be like $1000 or somewhere around there lol. It would take me like 5 years to save it up because of weekly fish supplies (like $50) and other stuff I kinda "need"... Okay okay fine I like the new games that come out I admit it!
With the lenses and camera body it is. Some lenses cost more then the camera itself O.O not mine though, I get the best I can for lower prices because I'm can't afford them haha.

You can find some pretty good point and shoots. I recomended the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-WX9 to my friend and she loves it. It's priced around $119.

She took this at a fish store, it actually does better in low light then my DSLR combined with my current lenses.

Last edited by copperarabian; 03-25-2012 at 05:52 PM.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #42 
StarBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
They definitely work, and sunlight makes bettas look amazing. Their colors come out so much better and because the light is brighter there will be less if any blurr :D

With the lenses and camera body it is. Some lenses cost more then the camera itself O.O not mine though, I get the best I can for lower prices because I'm can't afford them haha.

You can find some pretty good point and shoots. I recomended the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-WX9 to my friend and she loves it. It's priced around $119.

She took this at a fish store, it actually does better in low light then my DSLR combined with my current lenses.
Wow, that's a good quality camera! I'm getting it!! *Runs off to target to get 1 lol*
StarBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #43 
bettalover2033

I'll ask be asking you that this Christmas of which camera is the best since I REALLY want a better camera. I got an iPad this year, but next year round taxes I'm going to ask for a "pro" camera.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #44 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBetta View Post
Wow, that's a good quality camera! I'm getting it!! *Runs off to target to get 1 lol*
Really? Awesome! It also has HD video recording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
I'll ask be asking you that this Christmas of which camera is the best since I REALLY want a better camera. I got an iPad this year, but next year round taxes I'm going to ask for a "pro" camera.
Cool, I can definitely help with that when the time comes :) The nice thing about being a photo major is I get to use lots of different camera ;)
Old 03-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #45 
bettalover2033

Great! I can tell you've had much experience with several. I can see why you havent changed your Avatar!

I want to get into Marine Photography as a back-up and Marine Biology as a major and when I retire I'll open my own Fish Store. Definitely NEVER giving fish up!
Old 03-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #46 
copperarabian

I'm glad you like my avatar :D

That sounds awesome, I would love a underwater camera case but the decent cases are very expensive.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #47 
RayneForhest

I would like to know what I'm doing with my camera. I fake it. I really do. I love that shot you have above Copperarabian! That takes a good shot. I've had two Sony's. I like them pretty good. They're easy to learn.

I am only ankle deep in the knowledge of F stop and stuff.
I'm sure if I learned more about the technical stuff and the manual settings I'd get better results.

I have a lot of issues with motion blur. Not from me moving the camera but rather the subjects. This makes betta capturing near impossible.
RayneForhest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #48 
RayneForhest

What kind of gear do you have Copperarabian?
RayneForhest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #49 
bettalover2033

I agree. Though I saw on youtube this one kid made his own underwater camera and it worked VERY well.

I think he use something similar to a PVC pipe with little weight.

Look it up. It is taking a chance, but can be very beneficial,.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:20 AM   #50 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayneForhest View Post
I would like to know what I'm doing with my camera. I fake it. I really do. I love that shot you have above Copperarabian! That takes a good shot. I've had two Sony's. I like them pretty good. They're easy to learn.

I am only ankle deep in the knowledge of F stop and stuff.
I'm sure if I learned more about the technical stuff and the manual settings I'd get better results.

I have a lot of issues with motion blur. Not from me moving the camera but rather the subjects. This makes betta capturing near impossible.
Faking photos is hard, if they look good you must be doing something right :D And my friend just loves that camera, you really get more then you paid for it.

I use to have all the F stops and Apertures memroized for school. I forgot all of this >.> I just never use it and I no longer need it for test, I can usually tell what I'm going to need and adjust it a little if I'm wrong anyway lol. Learning how to use all the settings really help. I got my DSLR a few months before I started school and only used automatic since I had no idea how to use a DSLR, once I learned all the technical stuff and did hundreds of critiques I really improved.

As long as I'm using good sunlight I don't have any problems with motion blur. In aquariums it's much harder because the light is usually so bad.