Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #1 
HermitGuy101

Question Medicine Question (Betta Revive)

I snagged some Betta Revive when I got Cosmo. Is it a good medication/disease preventative?
HermitGuy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #2 
Kat Sunhawk

I used some of this in my fish, Sherlock's, tank when he wasn't looking too good. He ended up dying but I firmly believe that it was old age and not this product or an illness.
I am interested in the effectivness of Betta Revive as well.
Kat Sunhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #3 
ao
TFK Moderator

I just bought some of this stuff to try, ill tell you how it goes
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #4 
Myates

Not the best to use.. harsh chemicals and the things it treats can be treated more naturally and safer with either AQ salt or Epsom salt. All the "betta" stuff such as revive and fixes generally are just watered down medications used on other fish, that has potential to harm a betta's labyrinth organ. But since it's watered down.. people will risk it.
Personally? It's a waste of money.. other then the more conservative and healthier ways I listed, there are other medications that do the same thing and aren't as harsh, such as General Cure.
Keep in mind, any medication used on fish is a risk to their health and not ideal for their organs. But if the illness is very severe then it may be worth the risk.
If the ailment is something simple as ich or rot or even fungus.. much better to use a salt rather then one of those "Betta" medications.

All about the money.. think of it as the medicine version of those betta "tanks" that are half a gallon or less.. ;)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #5 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
Not the best to use.. harsh chemicals and the things it treats can be treated more naturally and safer with either AQ salt or Epsom salt. All the "betta" stuff such as revive and fixes generally are just watered down medications used on other fish, that has potential to harm a betta's labyrinth organ. But since it's watered down.. people will risk it.
Personally? It's a waste of money.. other then the more conservative and healthier ways I listed, there are other medications that do the same thing and aren't as harsh, such as General Cure.
Keep in mind, any medication used on fish is a risk to their health and not ideal for their organs. But if the illness is very severe then it may be worth the risk.
If the ailment is something simple as ich or rot or even fungus.. much better to use a salt rather then one of those "Betta" medications.

All about the money.. think of it as the medicine version of those betta "tanks" that are half a gallon or less.. ;)
I agree with the natural remedy, but my fish seems to have this pale spot on his face and I cant figure out what it is, the petco i went to didnt had a minimal stock of medications, online would probably be too slow if anything happened(plus I'm a poor student).

He also seems to have a bit of velvet, and came to me (who knows nothing about bettas) in a gernerally unhealthy condition. Just got rid of any visible icks... so the point is, might as well try to cure him of everything he has at this point and finish the treatment, then let him live a healthy life than to wait it out with no meds and no money.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta revive