Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #1 
LauraWebb

R.I.P Stupid

I picked stupid up from a Petshop roughly a year ago as I couldn't resist him!

You may be wondering where I got the name, well when we bought him home, he did some really stupid things (looking back it was probably the stress of a new home and a gigantic tank!). He would run into fixtures, get stuck in things and headbutt the glass! So he got nicknamed stupid... and it stuck!

He was a lovely fish and enjoyed a whole year with him. I was concerned about him one day and took him into my local aquarium. The local AQ owner is a fish expert and used to work for the government dealing with fish, customs and fisheries (or something) and he was really shocked by how big my boy was. He said it was one of the biggest fighters he'd ever seen and advised me he was quite old. This was only 2 months ago and warned me he'd be on a downward spiral soon.

All was going well until about a week ago when my poor stupid began becoming lethargic. Still in good spirits jumping out of the water whenever I fed him or came over to him. He would cuddle upto my hand still (he liked to lean against it!) until 2 nights ago when he suddenly lost his buoyoncy and sunk to the bottom. I moved him to a quarantine tank (in other words my guppies breeding box) so he would still be around his mates, but wouldn't have to swim the 40cms to the top of the tank. Instead he was only in 2-3cms of water, and that was a struggle.

Sadly he passed away about an hour ago with me at his side as he could no longer get up for air.

He was roughly 2.5-3 years old (ill never really know!) as he wasn't small when I got him.

Here are some pics of him. The first is about 2 months after we got him. The 2nd is of more recent days.
Attached Images

LauraWebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #2 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

R.I.P. Stupid :( he was a beautiful little guy. Sounds like he had a good life :)
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #3 
lexylex0526

R.I.P stupid! He was a beautiful lil guy! I'm sorry for your loss.
lexylex0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #4 
Thomasdog

Wow, he seems so sweet and nice.. I hope that him and my girl, Luna, will swim together in Heaven.
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote