Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-03-2012, 02:36 AM   #1 
LauraWebb

New Tank Setup (downgrading from large tank)

Hi All,

Looking at selling my large tank (approx 220lt/60g) and all equipment and downgrading to a small tank to house 1 Betta (and maybe 1 friend or two).

I've been looking at these two tanks in particular. Do they seem any good?

http://aquariumfishparadise.com.au/Aquariums.php

The AquaOne 510 and 620 (not the 620T).

I am assuming if I got one of these, I wouldn't need any of my old equipment (cartridge filter, air pumps, etc) and would just buy a new heater to suit the size of the tank.

Any ideas?

Also where do I start once I have a new tank? I can't remember anything. Do I let it sit for a few days (with the new water in it)? What do I add to it?

Currently I just add Water Conditioner and chlorine neutrilise (water ager). Ive also got some leftover stuff that helps the biological filter establish itself, do I use this too?

Help! I feel like a newbie!
LauraWebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #2 
Tikibirds

I would think, if you plan on using the wet/dry filter it comes with, I would guess 1st step would be cycling the tank. None of my tanks had filters so all I do is add in clean water, add conditioner and add fish. Although some people say let the water sit for 24 hours but I dont remember why. I think it has to do with the gas bubbles when water is first added.

Yeah, I wasnt much help. sorry.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote