Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Marketplace
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2014, 09:58 AM   #1 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

NEW! Cholla, Cholla, Cholla Part II

Cholla is a desert cactus collected by friends with a permit to collect from public lands. This Cholla has been scrubbed and pre-rinsed in plain tap water.

Keep Cholla in a glass bowl with water. Place on a window sill and grow food for your Nerites or algae-eating fish. Plecos like to chew on the Cholla sticks and inverts like to use them as safe places to molt; Anubias, moss, etc., can be anchored to Cholla with fishing line.

To prepare for aquarium: Place Cholla in a pot of water and bring to a boil; boil for five minutes and let set in the water until it cools. Rinse in treated water.

I have great gobs of Java Moss but it may have Duckweed. I will be happy to send you a clump large enough to attach to your Cholla sticks or a portion of your Cholla root at no extra charge. Layer moss thinly or you will smother it.

Please PM with questions or requests. I can special order pieces but payment is required in advance. If you've a mind to do so you're welcome to post photos in my Classified Ad to give others ideas on how to use Cholla.

Return customers receive an additional 10% discount on Cholla.

All measurements are approximate.

*****************SHIPPING*****************

I can mail two ways:
Priority: I put as many as I can safely fit in the smallest box. Includes $50.00 insurance and tracking

Standard: Based on weight and box size. Cheaper than Priority but takes several days longer to arrive. Tracking is included; optional insurance is $2.10

Send your list and ZIP code for a quote for both methods.

I can ship to Canada but costs are close to double US rates.

Because Cholla varies so much in weight and size it is difficult to give an exact shipping quote. All quotes are estimates. I do not make money on postage. Anything in excess of $1.00 will be refunded.

******************************PAYMENT************* *********

PayPal only. In PayPal's Notes To Seller please include Cholla number(s), if you want Java Moss and shipping method.

************************RETURNS******************* *******

Returned items must be undamaged and buyer pays return shipping. Items don't need to be returned Priority but they must have a tracking number and insurance.
Attached Images

RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:11 AM   #2 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

Cholla sold: #7, #42

Thank you!
Old 09-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #3 
Pandanke

Does #1 have a price? Also, you don't have any smaller sticks or chunks that'd match it in looks even if just a few inches each? Looking for fun things to tie mosses and anubias to.
Pandanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:20 PM   #4 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

Oops.

It's $5.00. I have nine more smaller pieces that may suit your needs. I will be adding Sunday or Monday after the sun comes out and I can take pictures.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:41 PM   #5 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

Cholla sold: #7, #42, #66. Adding #66

Thank you!
Old 09-12-2014, 12:03 AM   #6 
Crossroads

If they are still available come next paycheck (and I have the extra cash, eek light bills), I may get 39, 71, and maybe 65 from you for my 5gs. I bet they'd make awesome(I almost said killer, but that seems like I'd be tempting fate to spite me xD) focal points.
Crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:23 AM   #7 
Pandanke

Sure thing, I'll be away until Sunday or Monday, so feel free to PM me with any that might work nicely with that one or smaller bits. I am hoping to DSM some fissidens and mini pellia onto cholla and maybe slate in a week or two when I get settled, and I think that'd look nice in a nano.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:24 AM   #8 
Pandanke

#12 is also neat, is it as tunnely as it looks, or would it not do so well with the open side down?
Old 09-12-2014, 02:56 AM   #9 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

#12 can be used as a tunnel or in front of something you want to hide. I'll try to remember to get a photo of it on Sunday.

Crossroads: I used one like #66 or #35 in the center of my new tank and placed Anubias where the branches meet the trunk. Didn't need to tie them down as they fit right into the crooks. Just finished setting it up tonight and am quite pleased with the look.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:31 AM   #10 
Tony2632

66 looks awesome for a center piece. 55 and 46 also looks nice, it has character.

If I'm ever doing a new project, I'll holla at ya.
Tony2632 is offline   Reply With Quote