Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-04-2012, 01:52 AM   #1 
vilmarisv

Talking HM Multi Marble X HM Pastel Marble Spawn Log

Here it goes...
Fry hatched 3/2/12.
My female was releasing eggs prematurely and many didn't get fertilized so this is a very small spawn. I'm probably going to do another in a couple of weeks with the same pair.
They were bred by Karen McAuley and the male is a class winner. He's the same in my avatar pic, just changed a LOT! Female is not a sibling but related, of course.
I'm hoping to get strong HMs with butterfly pattern... we'll see

Here's the Male:

And the female:

Video of the introduction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v1tb...NHDv_gl8MM_8B5

Embrace & egg release video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSyrN...aP8VWrinLhFbx3

Eggs in the nest:

Daddy watching his babies:

Daddy going after one of his runaways:

This one got away... he's playing with daddy:

Babies in the nest:

And a closeup of one of the kids:

Last edited by vilmarisv; 03-04-2012 at 01:55 AM.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #2 
JBosley

Wow Those parents are amazing!
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #3 
betta lover1507

aww so cute when there on there father :3 that once happened to chili pepper, he freaked out LOL what some gorgeous parents good luck
and congrats
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #4 
vilmarisv

Thank you!
I've been waiting a long time to spawn these that I wanted it to be a huge spawn but it just didn't happen.
This male is not big in tending eggs but I really want a good spawn from him.
I will definitely will be giving them another go and see if I get better results next time.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #5 
bettalover2033

I'm very happy to see you going with another spawn. Would love to see the results of this spawn. My fry are now 6 days old. Your pictures are very pretty and nice quality. Also the male has really changed since the picture in your avatar.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:50 AM   #6 
OregonDreamsBettas

What a beautiful pair! It's crazy how those marbles can change. Congrats!
OregonDreamsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:27 AM   #7 
Pewmew

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBosley View Post
Wow Those parents are amazing!
I second this. BEAUTIFUL pair and great pictures! I needta go find a better camera so I can take pic as clear as you :)
Pewmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #8 
vilmarisv

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
I'm very happy to see you going with another spawn. Would love to see the results of this spawn. My fry are now 6 days old. Your pictures are very pretty and nice quality. Also the male has really changed since the picture in your avatar.
Thank you so much! This male is my favorite in a very long time but hasn't turned out to be the best father. I would've loved him to keep his red head but knowing Karen's marbles I knew he wouldn't. This girl had a red head so maybe a few of the fry will carry that. I just think is so cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonDreamsBettas View Post
What a beautiful pair! It's crazy how those marbles can change. Congrats!
Thanks! YES! I looove marbles because you never know what color you'll end up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewmew View Post
I second this. BEAUTIFUL pair and great pictures! I needta go find a better camera so I can take pic as clear as you :)
Thank you! I'm smitten by this pair. I had been looking for a female with this coloring and couldn't resist when Karen of all people had her! Yes you SHOULD go take pictures and post them for all of us to see!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #9 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmarisv View Post
Thank you so much! This male is my favorite in a very long time but hasn't turned out to be the best father. I would've loved him to keep his red head but knowing Karen's marbles I knew he wouldn't. This girl had a red head so maybe a few of the fry will carry that. I just think is so cute.
He is one looker! Great finnage and nice marble pattern. Many people actually DON'T like marbles because of this ever changing gene that is so unpredictable with fry and with the actual fish itself. This is the main reason why I love marbles beside the fact that down the line the gene will eventually go into a nice butterfly pattern. The marble gene was actually founded by a man in prison in the 70s who was trying to cross two butterfly's to get a black butterfly and came up with a bunch of marbles, very interesting if you ask me.

I just bought an adorable HMPK salamander pair and they are oly 2.5 months so they are small and so cute... (that was a bit random)

I guess this red head will be in the fry until they get older like with many marbles that people have. Usually I see a nice marble that was stressed at a LPS and they have an amazing pattern, then when you bring it home, it colors up with something completely different.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #10 
tpocicat

I love your bettas, the color and finnage are wonderful. Can't wait to see how the spawn turns out. I, too am glad you will try again in a couple of weeks.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote